I'm thinking about crossing over to the dark side and getting Sky Q. I called Sky and they said they need to upgrade my dish to work with Sky Q which is fine. But they said I can't also connect my Freesat 4K box (which has FBC tuners) to the same dish as Sky Q - or maybe they just meant that they wouldn't install extra cables to allow me to do that as they only connect cables from the dish to the Sky Q box?

Is it technically impossible to have 2 cables going from the dish to Sky Q and more cables going from the same dish to my 4K freesat box due to compatibility issues? How many LNBs would the modified Sky dish have as I have a Universal Octo LNB at the moment?

How many cables can physically be connected to the upgraded dish because with Sky+ HD you could have 8 cables connected to the dish which could go to my Sky+ HD boxes and freesat boxes.?

This is what I want to have:

• Sky Q box + 1 Freesat 4K box connected to the same dish.
  • Another dish connected to another Freesat 4K box. Sometimes you get a glitch in a recorded programme due to bad weather or whatever which is why I have a backup freesat box as the glitch usually only happens in 1 of the 2 dishes.

Will I need to hire an outside company to upgrade my dishes to Unicable II LNBs to do the above or could I just unofficially slip the Sky installer £50 for him to connect everything I want?