Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Maybe it's Time for a New STB

Title
    Thanks

Maybe it's Time for a New STB

Hi guys,
    I currently have a Vu+ Solo4k and it has served me very well over the years but I am now looking to replace it with something that runs quicker.
    I would be looking for the new STB to have at least the same Twin Sat tuners in it but I also want it to be able to handle IPTV flawlessly with options of apps/plugins to use to watch the IPTV.
    I would also require that the new STB could house a SSD internally.
    Oh and finally it must be capable of running a VIX image

Any suggestions would be grateful
    Last edited by keith0509; 19-11-21 at 10:07.

Title
    Thanks
    My vu duo 4k does all of that no issues, I have Freesat on one tuner, hotbird on the other, saorview on the terrestrial tuner, get m3u from my provider, and incorporate those channels into the EPG in their own bouquets via e-channelizer, e-chan let's you use local memory, or a swap file.. works for me. I'm not against any new boxes, but I have this a few years and can't complain about it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyC For This Useful Post:

keith0509 (14-12-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keith0509 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I currently have a Vu+ Solo4k and it has served me very well over the years but I am now looking to replace it with something that runs quicker.
    I would be looking for the new STB to have at least the same Twin Sat tuners in it but I also want it to be able to handle IPTV flawlessly with options of apps/plugins to use to watch the IPTV.
    I would also require that the new STB could house a SSD internally.
    Oh and finally it must be capable of running a VIX image

Any suggestions would be grateful
    Even today, 6 years after Solo4K release it is still pretty top of the range. Duo 4K SE is the current top of the range Vu. Has a better processor but not sure it will be much quicker.

BTW, there are lot of top quality boxes now for a lot less money, e.g. Zgemma H7, twin satellite tuners and 1 terrestrial, internal 2.5 hdd, and pretty snappy, with kodi and stalker for only 109 quid from the sponser (once back in stock).
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

keith0509 (14-12-21)

Title
    Thanks
    BobbyC, what provider? What M3U?