Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Unable to flash openvix

Title
    Thanks

Unable to flash openvix

Hello

So got a new sf8008 (second one and already have a 4008, also had a few other ones over the years).

I am following all the guides and I can't flash openvix, the box came with openatv. It has the recovery menu already installed, once I boot to recovery won't see any usb drive, even though it mounts and it's the same one I used on the other boxes inclusive the other sf8008.
    Also the "network multi boot image upgrade" won't do anything, if I select the openvix image and press yes upgrade, the dialog box just closes and won't do anything. Any other image starts downloading.

Tried resetting, restart and flash the recovery again but nothing.

Any ideas?

Title
    Thanks
    This sounds strange (maybe a box malfunction) as with a new flash recovery you should be able to reflash from network or usb and you can do neither.
    Maybe do a box reset (reset button) and try restoring another recovery menu from another usb (also use alternate usb socket).
    Are you using the micro sd card to extend the multiboot slots? If so, the card may be faulty... remove and retry with just the 4 flash slots provided without it.
    Last edited by johnhoe; 11-11-21 at 02:10.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by porttastic View Post
    Hello

So got a new sf8008 (second one and already have a 4008, also had a few other ones over the years).

I am following all the guides and I can't flash openvix, the box came with openatv. It has the recovery menu already installed, once I boot to recovery won't see any usb drive, even though it mounts and it's the same one I used on the other boxes inclusive the other sf8008.
    Also the "network multi boot image upgrade" won't do anything, if I select the openvix image and press yes upgrade, the dialog box just closes and won't do anything. Any other image starts downloading.

Any ideas?
    If it comes with OpenATV, why don't you use the flash image facility in ATV to flash OpenViX, much simpler than using the firmware to flash from usb or online ?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    If it comes with OpenATV, why don't you use the flash image facility in ATV to flash OpenViX, much simpler than using the firmware to flash from usb or online ?
    If understand correct you saying to go to "flash online" and select local, correct?
    If yes there isn't that option, only say "Flash on the fly" - +7.0BETA, =6.4 RELAESE.

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=johnhoe;518467]This sounds strange (maybe a box malfunction) as with a new flash recovery you should be able to reflash from network or usb and you can do neither.
    Maybe do a box reset (reset button) and try restoring another recovery menu from another usb (also use alternate usb socket).
    Are you using the micro sd card to extend the multiboot slots? If so, the card may be faulty... remove and retry with just the 4 flash slots provided without it.[/QUOT

Thanks for the reply, I am not using micro sd. Also resetting on the software. What's the other reset?

Title
    Thanks
    If understand correct you saying to go to "flash online" and select local, correct?
    If yes there isn't that option, only say "Flash on the fly" - +7.0BETA, =6.4 RELAESE.
    Long press blue button will take you to software management and flash online == flash on the fly
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Long press blue button will take you to software management and flash online == flash on the fly

There isn't an option to flash anything else apart from the 7.0 beta and 6.4 release. At the bottom only says Cancel and Expand.
    I have seen this option somewhere else but it's not showing for me.

Title
    Thanks
    use filezilla to copy the OpenViX image to the device you are using as a HDD (usb or HDD) ... copy into "images" directory
    then flash on the fly should find it for you.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    What's the other reset?
    There is a red reset button on the back of the Sf8008. Don't really know what it does exactly... it might help!

Title
    Thanks
    use filezilla to copy the OpenViX image to the device you are using as a HDD (usb or HDD) ... copy into "images" directory
    then flash on the fly should find it for you.

Got it now finally, this last suggestion worked. Many thanks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to porttastic For This Useful Post:

twol (11-11-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    the "network multi boot image upgrade" won't do anything, if I select the openvix image and press yes upgrade, the dialog box just closes and won't do anything. Any other image starts downloading.
    Please test this again.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (15-11-21)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Hello

Any ideas?
    This maybe fixed now, are you able to test please?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable