Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Difficulty flashing different images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You were pressing the button on box, not remote? Anyway, you are past that stage now. You have Vix in slot/partition 1 now.

To flash TeamBlue into slot 2.

Firstly
    Download image from TeamBlue site using PC. Do not unzip it. FTP it to /hdd/imagebackups If folder does not exist, create it first.

Secondly, to flash image:
    Blue button (while in live TV and no menus showing), Vix image management, image manager. Look at screen, one of buttons will show up as "flash". (blue button). Highlight image and flash it.

Stay calm, you'll get there. You are doing well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

GeoffatMM (12-11-21),twol (12-11-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffatMM View Post
    Now I need to know how to install the TeamBlue image through the Vix Image Manager settings. It offers me Pli, ATV and one other but not TeamBlue.
    This is because OpenPLi, OpenATV and OpenViX (but not Teamblue) all use the same format JSON index in their downloads area.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys.

Twol, I did not understand how to install the zipped Teamblue image in downloads. I had the images in my HDD images folder but could not see how to view it from Vix. There is no downloads folder on the HDD and the only downloads I can find in Vix is the one in image manager which only shows online images for Vix, ATV and Pli.

8.1.1.2 from the Vix manual ver 1.1 shows a list of local images under >>>Vix>Image Manager. My receiver did not show any local images even though they are in the images directory.

So as a test I downloaded an older Vix image. This generated an entry in Vix and a new directory called imagebackups on the HDD. I then moved the images from the images directory to the imagebackups and they then appeared on Vix.

I then tried to install the teamblue image and got an error that said the directory (or file?) /newroot could not be created as it already existed. I tried to rename the directory but the server would not let me. I could rename the files inside it but not the directory. So I took the risk and deleted it. It would not delete but did delete the (unprotected?) contents. So the /newroot folder is still there. Permissions are 777 so I do not know what is preventing me from removing it. Or it is letting me delete it then automatically regenerating it?

So I am getting closer but still stuck. Can you offer an advice?

Geoff
    Last edited by GeoffatMM; 12-11-21 at 10:38.
    Geoff
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    GigaBlue Ultra Unicable SCR-LNB / 24 SCR - 2 Legacy UHD 4K LNB
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Thanks guys.

Twol, I did not understand how to install the zipped Teamblue image in downloads. I had the images in my HDD images folder but could not see how to view it from Vix. There is no downloads folder on the HDD and the only downloads I can find in Vix is the one in image manager which only shows online images for Vix, ATV and Pli.

8.1.1.2 from the Vix manual ver 1.1 shows a list of local images under >>>Vix>Image Manager. My receiver did not show any local images even though they are in the images directory.

So as a test I downloaded an older Vix image. This generated an entry in Vix and a new directory called imagebackups on the HDD. I then moved the images from the images directory to the imagebackups and they then appeared on Vix.

I then tried to install the teamblue image and got an error that said the directory (or file?) /newroot could not be created as it already existed. I tried to rename the directory but the server would not let me. I could rename the files inside it but not the directory. So I took the risk and deleted it. It would not delete but did delete the (unprotected?) contents. So the /newroot folder is still there. Permissions are 777 so I do not know what is preventing me from removing it. Or it is letting me delete it then automatically regenerating it?

So I am getting closer but still stuck. Can you offer an advice?

Geoff
    Reboot (long press power button - choose reboot not Gui Restart) and that should remove it
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Update:

Via ssh I discovered that the directory was "in use". Forced a reboot then ssh back in and I was finally able to delete the file.

Went back to the receiver and tried to flash the team blue image through Vix and once again, ofgwrite gave an error (b" [followed by nothing]). tried again and once more it came back with an error of existing directory (b" mkdir: directory /newroot already exists [or something like that]).

Stuck again.

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    1. delete the newroot directory as before.
    2. download latest Teamblue image to PC from https://images.teamblue.tech/6.4-rel...hp?open=gbue4k
    3. copy to gbue4k (in my case /media/hdd/imagebackups ... but to your imagebackups folder)
    4. On gbue4k go to ImageManager ---------> select Teamblue ---------> select flash, select slot2

I have just done all that and I was up and running in about 30 seconds (I have an OpenPli settings backup which Teamblue accepts, so didn't need to reconfigure)

I will keep this image installed for the time being in case you need Q's answered on TeamBlue

For reference in TeamBlue to flash an image select Menu/System/SoftwareManagement ... you will find Flash Online and settings backup tools
    Last edited by twol; 12-11-21 at 11:57.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-11-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Twol,

Rebooting stops the running process using /newroot but does not delete it so I got the same error.

Rebooted, ssh in to delete directory then ran flash image again. Same issue.

As an aside, when rebooting the screen says it is a quad 4k not my UHD UE 4K. For some reason I have downloaded the wrong image so I am correcting this.

Unfortunately, now matter what I try I do not seem able to flash an image now. I wonder if it has anything to do with the way I git Vix installed in the first place by changing its file name and this is somehow affecting paths during the flash? I can't see how but I am searching for any reason that might be causing the problem.

Well now I am confused. I have rebooted the server. Deleted the /newroot directory and it does go. Refreshing the listing shows it does not exist any more yet running the flash comes up with the same error of /newroot already exists.

How do I dump everything on this server and just start again? There are no settings worth keeping.

Slowly becoming Mr Angry,

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Twol,

Done all that and it just will not work. please see the latest message I posted. I just want to reset the machine and start again, probably from a USB flash?

OpenVix is running but I cannot refresh it or any other image.

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    So you will have to download correct image onto usb, but unzip to usb.
    Then follow comments above to usb flash
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Just for reference, to flash images by GUI/Remote, the locations probed for zipped image files are different across the images. Default values posted below:

OpenPLI
    /media/hdd/downloaded_images
    or root of hdd

Team Blue
    /media/hdd/downloaded_images

OpenATV
    /media/hdd/images

OpenViX
    /media/hdd/imagebackups

The storage device can also be a USB stick

Images use different names for the process. But in essence they are using ofgwrite.

Flash Image
    Flash Online
    Flash on the fly

"flashing by USB" and "flashing using GUI/remote" work differently.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Willo3092 (12-11-21)

Title
    Thanks

Unhappy

Hi Again,

I thought I would add some images to explain what is happening. Just so you know, between each attempt, I have stopped the server and rebooted to stop any running processes. I have then accessed the server over ftp and deleted /newroot. I have refreshed the FileZilla page to confirm it has gone. I then stopped and rebooted the server a second time to check with Filezilla that the directory was not there.

I originally used a Vix image from online flashing facility download. I have now seen that only Quad 4K images are offered so this is why my Vix is Quad 4K based and I am not sure how to change that.

I have now downloaded the latest versions of both OpenVix and TeamBlue and moved them both via ftp to /media/hdd/imagebackups which can be seen from this image:

Vix 1.jpg

I have then tried to flash the machine using both images (remember that between each attempt I have gone though the cleanup process described above)

After the first attempt this is the message I receive:

Vix 2.jpg

If I then immediately try again (ie, no cleanup process, so /newroot now exists [confirmed by ftp as shown below]):

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 20.33.50.jpg

I get this message about /newroot:

Vix 3.jpg

It is the same result whether I use the correct Vix image for my machine, the latest TeamBlue version or the online download facility (I even tried Open Pli) version. I have just checked by trying all three again before posting this.

Abu suggested I have to usb flash it. I have taken the Vix image and extracted it to get the folder and file structure and placed it as instructed in the root of my USB. The machine recognises the image on the USB and starts the process. I press the power button and it immediately stalls, probably for the same reason that the GUI image attempts stall and fail.

I cannot find a reason why this is happening but it is and it is very frustrating It seems to me the only solution is to wipe the server from the machine using ftp (or something else) and then reinstall everything to a vanilla status but I do not know if this is feasible to do or how to do it.

Looking for ideas please. I have a very expensive brick on my table at the moment.

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    OpenVix GigaBlue UHD UE 4K image here

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...Blue-UHD-UE-4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Again,

I thought I would add some images to explain what is happening. Just so you know, between each attempt, I have stopped the server and rebooted to stop any running processes. I have then accessed the server over ftp and deleted /newroot. I have refreshed the FileZilla page to confirm it has gone. I then stopped and rebooted the server a second time to check with Filezilla that the directory was not there.

I originally used a Vix image from online flashing facility download. I have now seen that only Quad 4K images are offered so this is why my Vix is Quad 4K based and I am not sure how to change that.

I have now downloaded the latest versions of both OpenVix and TeamBlue and moved them both via ftp to /media/hdd/imagebackups which can be seen from this image:

Vix 1.jpg

I have then tried to flash the machine using both images (remember that between each attempt I have gone though the cleanup process described above)

After the first attempt this is the message I receive:

Vix 2.jpg

If I then immediately try again (ie, no cleanup process, so /newroot now exists [confirmed by ftp as shown below]):

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 20.33.50.jpg

I get this message about /newroot:

Vix 3.jpg

It is the same result whether I use the correct Vix image for my machine, the latest TeamBlue version or the online download facility (I even tried Open Pli) version. I have just checked by trying all three again before posting this.

Abu suggested I have to usb flash it. I have taken the Vix image and extracted it to get the folder and file structure and placed it as instructed in the root of my USB. The machine recognises the image on the USB and starts the process. I press the power button and it immediately stalls, probably for the same reason that the GUI image attempts stall and fail.

I cannot find a reason why this is happening but it is and it is very frustrating It seems to me the only solution is to wipe the server from the machine using ftp (or something else) and then reinstall everything to a vanilla status but I do not know if this is feasible to do or how to do it.

Looking for ideas please. I have a very expensive brick on my table at the moment.

Geoff
    I will check out usb flashing tomorrow morning, just to check out the process (I normally only usb flash on receipt of a box - unless I can get round it) - cannot do it tonight.
    Will post any extra information.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    What do you mean by stopping server? Best to keep things simple instead of adding variables/complications. You renamed files despite nobody advising you to, it has complicated things. Yes, I appreciate you should not have to ask questions to get it working. Forget flashing by ofgwrite at the moment, lets get the correct image flashed by USB again. I have flashed various images by USB today to test it, it works fine as a process. Disconnect the cables to your HDD and ensure there is only one USB stick in fat32 filesystem. Delete the old folder on USB stick before transferring image.

There is too much noise/distractions in your posts and approach. Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. Please answer following questions.

When flashing by USB, are you pressing the power button on receiver or remote?
    Which bootloader are you on. The number is displayed on LCD screen when box is booting up.
    If at all possible, record a video of the USB flashing so we can see issue. Enigma2 is not running when you are flashing by USB.

Title
    Thanks
    Petty sue he is try to flash Gigablue Quad on a UHD UE, which will not work, but then he forced it

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast