Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Difficulty flashing different images

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffatMM View Post
    How do I set up a signature for my posts to contain my equipment details? Can't find it in my profile area.

Click on Settings at top of page on the right (just to the left of logout).

Then on the left of that page look for Edit Signature in a box labelled My Settings.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokenUnusableAccount For This Useful Post:

GeoffatMM (11-11-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    I flashed Teamblue on my GB UE 4K. There isn't a flashing utility/function. The option to boot into another slot/partition is there. So you are better off flashing Vix by USB. This will go into slot 1. You can then flash/install Team Blue or other images in another slot/partition.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi again.

I am stuck again! I have installed a HDD (not easy as the instructions do not reflect the current machine). The install involves screwing through the base of the receiver, through rubber mounts and into the HDD. I can now see it on the GB GUI and over ftp. Have transferred the image files to the root of the HDD and then tried to find a flashing command. Nothing. I have scoured the menus to find how to flash a second image but there is nothing to guide me.

Can anyone help please. Bit frustrated this is made so difficult by GB to achieve. Nothing in their manual either.
    Geoff
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    GigaBlue Ultra Unicable SCR-LNB / 24 SCR - 2 Legacy UHD 4K LNB
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks

Slowly getting there.

Hi Abu

Yes from what I have read on the net it seems that it is necessary to have a multi boot image flashed first then do an online flash of Team Blue into a second slot so that I can select one or the other. My problem last night was it would not flash but I sort of worked out it was the missing hard drive so that is now installed and I am trying to flash Vix again tonight. Will report success or otherwise a bit later.
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Beffudled, Signature now sorted!
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GeoffatMM For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    d I am trying to flash Vix again tonight.
    Please flash by USB using this guide (I am sure you have seen it already):
    https://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/...ashing-guides/

Or use Grog's script. Hopefully it will work if you are on Teamblue

Code:
    wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh https://www.dropbox.com/s/hc2cdr116lvx3dj/install_vix.sh?dl=1 && bash install_vix.sh

Title
    Thanks
    Well I am now getting fed up as nothing I try will work. I have refreshed the receiver using the online flash from TeamBlue and that has worked, reinstalling the TeamBlue image correctly. It gave me a vanilla image to work from. I then tried to flash from USB (which is the method that Gigablue says should work) and still it starts, tells me there is an OpenVix image and that I should press the power button. Once I do that the screen goes blank and then nothing happens. I leave it for about 10 minutes to be safe then remove the usb and restart and it comes back to TeamBlue.

What can I do to try to find out why it is not working? Run debug logs and post them? I would need guidance on how to do it please.

I will keep experimenting but this is proving pretty frustrating.

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,953 Times in 3,274 Posts
    Well I am now getting fed up as nothing I try will work. I have refreshed the receiver using the online flash from TeamBlue and that has worked, reinstalling the TeamBlue image correctly. It gave me a vanilla image to work from. I then tried to flash from USB (which is the method that Gigablue says should work) and still it starts, tells me there is an OpenVix image and that I should press the power button. Once I do that the screen goes blank and then nothing happens. I leave it for about 10 minutes to be safe then remove the usb and restart and it comes back to TeamBlue.

What can I do to try to find out why it is not working? Run debug logs and post them? I would need guidance on how to do it please.

Geoff
    This is the OpenViX forum, not Teamblue. If you want help setting up a Teamblue image you are in the wrong place.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Huevos,

I am trying to set up OpenVix but on a receiver delivered with TeamBlue that refuses to let me flash it. I am in the right forum. I just need help understanding why it starts then stops when I try to flash the OpenVix image.

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

BrokenUnusableAccount

Question

Is this tutorial the method you are using to try to flash OpenViX?
    https://www.openvix.co.uk/openvix-bu...%20UE%204K.pdf

Anyone know if this guide is still correct?
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 12-11-21 at 02:06.

Title
    Thanks
    Finally have OpenVix installed on the receiver but I had to cheat to do it.

I noticed that when I downloaded and reinstalled TeamBlue online, it generated an images folder on the HDD with the zipped file in it. So I downloaded a fresh image from OpenVix and moved it over ftp to the images folder without expanding it (ie, as a zip file). It did not work. When I refreshed the downloaded file in the online flash section of team blue, the Openvix file did not show up.

So I renamed the two files so the TeamBlue file was called old_TeamBlue and renamed the OpenVix file using the TeamBlue file name. I then ran the flash and it worked and although when I rebooted it the initial splash screen was GigaBlue/TeamBlue, it dropped into the OpenVix splash screen and presented me with the wizard. I am now going through that to see what issues I come across.

The first thing I noticed is that it asked me to set up Tuner A (Jess etc.) then Tuner B (which I set to loop though connected to A). It did not then ask me for tuners C to H. When the scan finishes I will go back into tuner setup to see if the other tuners are there and how they are set.

Scan finished. 800+ channels. Tuners C to H set to auto. I will do some recording testing tomorrow.

Now I need to know how to install the TeamBlue image through the Vix Image Manager settings. It offers me Pli, ATV and one other but not TeamBlue. I assumed it would put the image in the Downloads list as it is still in the images folder on the hard drive but it is not there. How do I now install TeamBlue into another startup slot please?

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

Title
    Thanks
    BeffudledBrian,

It is what I was trying and I have made some comments on it earlier in this thread as one of the links no longer works. The rest of it seemed to though except I could only get it to start to flash then it stopped. See my recent post on getting Vix working.

Geoff
    Geoff
    OpenVix 6.0.007 Image
    110cms Triax Dish
    Updated 04/02/2022

BrokenUnusableAccount

Question

I think you may possibly be using OpenViX Image manager incorrectly.

I'm not 100% certain it's the same on the Gigablue as on my Zgemma, but on my Zgemma box I go into Image Manager and I instantly see a listing of all the zip files in the /imagebackups directory of the hard drive in my box.
    I choose one using up/down and then press blue to begin flashing it.

The yellow download buttton is for fetching images from the internet that are not already in the /imagebackups and only offers you the choice of downloading OpenViX, OpenATV or OpenPli.

Are you incorrectly trying to use the yellow button to flash TeamBlue?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Geoff
    Try the OK button rather than the power button - a slightly different wording is given in the following guide

Code:
    https://www.enigma2.net/tuto-how-to-flash-update-gigablue-uhd-ue-4k/
    When instructed via the receivers display press the Power button front of the receiver or the OK button behind the front flap of the receiver to start the flashing process.

Try also completely powering down the box before attempting a USB flash - turn the box off via the back panel switch, wait for 60 seconds for all internal voltages to decay and then switch it back on again.
    Last edited by adm; 12-11-21 at 03:08.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Finally have OpenVix installed on the receiver but I had to cheat to do it.

I noticed that when I downloaded and reinstalled TeamBlue online, it generated an images folder on the HDD with the zipped file in it. So I downloaded a fresh image from OpenVix and moved it over ftp to the images folder without expanding it (ie, as a zip file). It did not work. When I refreshed the downloaded file in the online flash section of team blue, the Openvix file did not show up.

So I renamed the two files so the TeamBlue file was called old_TeamBlue and renamed the OpenVix file using the TeamBlue file name. I then ran the flash and it worked and although when I rebooted it the initial splash screen was GigaBlue/TeamBlue, it dropped into the OpenVix splash screen and presented me with the wizard. I am now going through that to see what issues I come across.

The first thing I noticed is that it asked me to set up Tuner A (Jess etc.) then Tuner B (which I set to loop though connected to A). It did not then ask me for tuners C to H. When the scan finishes I will go back into tuner setup to see if the other tuners are there and how they are set.

Scan finished. 800+ channels. Tuners C to H set to auto. I will do some recording testing tomorrow.

Now I need to know how to install the TeamBlue image through the Vix Image Manager settings. It offers me Pli, ATV and one other but not TeamBlue. I assumed it would put the image in the Downloads list as it is still in the images folder on the hard drive but it is not there. How do I now install TeamBlue into another startup slot please?

Geoff
    install the zipped Teamblue image in downloads
    select from list in ImageManager
    Blue button ... flash
    select slot 2
    will flash and reboot to Teamblue image

In the meantime, go to BackupManager (short press blue button, select ViX, select BackupManager
    backup your OpenViX settings
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast