Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Difficulty flashing different images

Title
    Thanks

Difficulty flashing different images

Hi,

How do I set up a signature for my posts to contain my equipment details? Can't find it in my profile area.

I have received my new Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver and after a few struggles have got it to locate and download 804 channels which is about 800 more than I usually watch! Still working through the manual which is only available in German!

I am staying with the Teamblue image for now to enable their support as well as (I hope) help from this forum.

Next issue is to upgrade the LNB to a larger number of unicable channels (24 probably) but that can wait until the house move.

The first issue was that on a split connection the download of programmes was poor (only 10). The main unicable enters the house, is split to the VBox TV currently set to three tuners with the fourth (temporarily pinched from the Hisense TV for testing purposes) going to the new receiver. In this arrangement the programmes were limited to the 10 above (all BBC). When I connected the main unicable unspoilt to the receiver I achieved the 804 channels. I did not have this problem with the Hisense.

1. Does this mean the splitter is not doing its job properly or could there be another reason? it is a low cost (OK, cheap, what the hell THE cheapest I could find) splitter from Amazon so it could well be the principal suspect. Now that I am getting to grips with the technology I am more confident to invest in better so:

2. Any recommendations on the best quality splitters to use? I will probably only split it 6 or seven times in the whole house, with most of the plugs unused most of the time. French electrical regulations demand a connection in each of the main reception and bed rooms.

I recognise that I am not using the OpenVix solution at the moment but Teamblue is enigma2 based so I assume the differences will be be generally cosmetic and I can still get help here?

3. Are Teamblue image users welcome and can I get support for it here?

My first task is to work out how to use bouquet maker to reduce the channel listing. In the meantime:

4. Is there a simple way to suppress (a) Paid channels and (b) Adult channels when doing a scan? I can do it on my Hisense TV but cannot see how to on this receiver (unless it is all wrapped up in the bouquet maker)?

5. I have sort of got the IP player to work on my IPhone but it is a new model. Can I use any other (older) players with the Gigablue IP broadcast? I have a couple of old iPads that I use that still run a very old (but satisfactory) version of VBox TV and would like to be able to use them with this system as well.

6. Will anyone here be able or willing to help me with the GB Player or is this an exclusive for Gigablue to help me with?

Sorry it is a bit of a ramble. I will be more specific with future requests.

Geoff
    110cms Triax Dish
    Inverto unicable + 2 legacy LNB IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-IPP
    Gigablue UHD UE 4K receiver
    Teamblue 6.4 image

Title
    Thanks
    Have not tried the team blue image, but Vix has autobouquetmake built in which is how I gain all my channels (freesat and sky free to air).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Teamblue is basically a OpenPli image modified so that it is built using the OE-A core. As such it uses the same unicable code as OpenPli and OpenViX.
    Other OE-A images such as OpenATV use a different system to support unicable.
    As its based on OpenPli, it is also based on python2 whereas images such as OpenATV and OpenViX are now python3 compliant and use the latest OE-A core. How long python2 images will be able to use the previous OE-A core (4.4) is open to question.

I have had both the Gigablue UE & UHD 4K boxes since they were first shipped here in Germany(Its a German brand) and have always used OpenViX, seeing no need to use any other image in terms of support or advice.

Which image you use is your choice, but in terms of long term use, I would go with a python3 image now!
    Last edited by twol; 10-11-21 at 21:17.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    More questions:

7. OpenVix has a network distribution server which I understand will work with Kodi using the PVR add-on. Kodi does not work on iPhones or other iApple devices. Is there an alternative player that will work on these items please?

8. Is the server the Sat > IP server that is discussed in GB manuals and passed over for their own GB Player? if so, is it complex to set up or can a relative simpleton achieve it? I have scanned the Vix manual version 1.1 but cannot see a reference to it.

Geoff
    110cms Triax Dish
    Teamblue 6.4 image

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The fundamental thing is to configure your tuners to match the reception equipment hooked up to it. I use "hooked up" to avoid using the term "connected". If you configure your tuners incorrectly, you will get it issues. Just because it works, it does not mean it is correct.

You description is that you have only one SCR available to use with the Gigablue. Does your tuner config match this hardware setup?
    A.Yes.
    B. No.
    C. I think I did it correctly, how do I check?

1. Which splitter is it?

If you are using AutoBouquetsMaker ( you will have to install it from the plugin menu, system plugins section) :
    In the providers menu, "FTA only" is asking you want to create "Free to Air only" bouquets. So say yes.
    The "hide sections" menu allows you to hide bouquets.

If you are performing a manual scan instead of automatic scan, you have more control and can also set FTA only. However, this is dependent on the flags being correct on satellite data. It isn't always correct.

Please be aware that Enigma2 has background scanning enabled by default. Services will be added to the services/channel database (lamedb file) when you are on a transponder. They will not be added to bouquets as part of this process.

You can also enable parental controls. Hopefully it works better on TeamBlue.

Your receiver is hardware multiboot capable. You can have different images and try them. Also, you can have a stable setup in one slot and on another slot you can do your experimenting/learning.

Title
    Thanks
    OK, searched the manual and the web and cannot find a multi boot guide. Probably one in German but that will not help me.

9. Does anyone have experience of trying to multi boot on this receiver? I have downloaded the Vix image but would prefer not to overwrite the TeamBlue image just yet if possible.

Geoff
    110cms Triax Dish
    Teamblue 6.4 image

Title
    Thanks
    7. All Enigma2 images will work with Kodi etc.
    You can use your phone to connect to receiver using openwebif. Just put the IP address of receiver on your browser.
    Android users use Dreamdroid etc, there are IOS applications. You will have to search.

8. Not many users on this forum know much about Sat IP. I know nothing about it other than teh tuner can be streamed to other devices/applications like TVHeadend. You may get more info on a German forum.

Title
    Thanks
    9. You will have to flash the image using the GUI, not USB. This will allow you to specify which slot to use.
    There are slight differences between the GUIs on the images. But in essence they are the same and use ofgwrite to do the flashing.

As mentioned above, TeamBLue is very similar to PLI. So transfer the zipped image to the root of the hdd or the folder called "images "or "downloaded images". I think, Menu > Setup > Flash image will invoke the process.

On Vix it is Blue > Vix.... > Image Manager > download/flash (buttons)
    Downloaded images on Vix are saved to a folder called imagebackups.

Once flashed, to boot between images:
    Menu > Setup > standby/restart > Multiboot image selector (might be slight differences in name)

Title
    Thanks
    Question

10. I have tried to follow this guide:

How to flash a Gigablue UHD UE 4K.

I placed the gigablue folder (6.0.001in the root of the USB (Kingston 4GB). This folder contains a folder called ue4k and within this folder are the boot files.

I tried to follow this link:

HP format tool http://www.pcworld.com/product/94626...rmat-tool.html

and got to a "Page not Found" message.

The other two links work but 7zip is (of course) a windows exe file only so for a Mac user like me it is of no value.

The receiver found and began the Vix flash after I pressed the power button it told me not to power off as it was flashing. The screen then went blank and nothing happened.

I waited several minutes, removed the USB stick and rebooted and the Teamblue logo returned so effectively no flash has taken place.

I then downloaded and tried 5.4.016 and exactly the same thing happened.

So the receiver is recognising the flash image and trying to use it but the machine is not allowing the flash to take place.

Have I done something wrong or missed a step? Or is it a fault in the machine?

Now stuck with Teamblue until someone can help me.

Geoff

PS:

I have tried to delete some of the user bouquets that arrived on the machine (based on a German scan I assume) and I get an Enigma error crash that forces a reboot of the receiver. I suspect that the flash memory is somehow write protected and that is stopping the flash. It may have been setup like that by Gigablue or I may have inadvertently done it when exploring the menus. is there a way to overcome this? Well, I am sure there is but can you'll me what it is! The system is allowing me to scan and save the results so perhaps it is only certain directories that are protected?

G
    Last edited by GeoffatMM; 11-11-21 at 00:45. Reason: Further information from testing

Title
    Thanks
    Abu,

I have just noticed your reply. This forum does not appear to sequence the posts properly for me.

It was not properly matched but finally I sorted it and got it to work and deliver 800+ channels. However the setup that worked only gave 10 channels after the split and the 800 with no splitting on the incoming scr.

1. The splitter is a BZT G887 6580 2-way 5-2500MHz with power pass. Once it is setup I will reinsert the splitter and try it again to make sure the signal is working properly or simply change it.

4. I was just starting with the bouquet maker when I sidetracked to flashing. I will follow your guidance when the flashing is successfully done.

On the flashing, I just cannot find a guide to explain how to do it on a multi boot process. Do you have some links for me? You will see with this evening's posts I cannot get the flash to work.

7. OK thanks I will try to find a solution for the iPhone but a dual boot would help as well.

8. OK. I will continue to explore and feed anything of value back here.

9. Thanks. (see Q.10 from this evening!). I think I understand what you are suggesting. Move the folder entirely to the receiver using ftp. Then execute the flash through the receiver menu system. Then select a multi boot restart to choose the image I want. Is there a full guide or do I just try it to see how I get on? Have not yet set up password for ftp etc. access so will try that tomorrow evening to see how I get on. Any links to guides before then would be useful for me to read through in advance.

Is the GUI approach to overcome the failure to write to the flash drive or simply for the multi boot? If it is only for the multi boot reason, will the write issue give me problems even with a GUI flash? (See my Q.10 from this evening explaining what I tried).

Geoff

PS A quick supplementary question:

11. I have not installed a hard drive in the receiver yet. Coud that be what is preventing the USB (and potentially the GUI) flashing from taking place?
    Last edited by GeoffatMM; 11-11-21 at 01:20.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffatMM View Post
    Abu,

I have just noticed your reply. This forum does not appear to sequence the posts properly for me.

It was not properly matched but finally I sorted it and got it to work and deliver 800+ channels. However the setup that worked only gave 10 channels after the split and the 800 with no splitting on the incoming scr.

1. The splitter is a BZT G887 6580 2-way 5-2500MHz with power pass. Once it is setup I will reinsert the splitter and try it again to make sure the signal is working properly or simply change it.

4. I was just starting with the bouquet maker when I sidetracked to flashing. I will follow your guidance when the flashing is successfully done.

On the flashing, I just cannot find a guide to explain how to do it on a multi boot process. Do you have some links for me? You will see with this evening's posts I cannot get the flash to work.

7. OK thanks I will try to find a solution for the iPhone but a dual boot would help as well.

8. OK. I will continue to explore and feed anything of value back here.

9. Thanks. (see Q.10 from this evening!). I think I understand what you are suggesting. Move the folder entirely to the receiver using ftp. Then execute the flash through the receiver menu system. Then select a multi boot restart to choose the image I want. Is there a full guide or do I just try it to see how I get on? Have not yet set up password for ftp etc. access so will try that tomorrow evening to see how I get on. Any links to guides before then would be useful for me to read through in advance.

Is the GUI approach to overcome the failure to write to the flash drive or simply for the multi boot? If it is only for the multi boot reason, will the write issue give me problems even with a GUI flash? (See my Q.10 from this evening explaining what I tried).

Geoff

PS A quick supplementary question:

11. I have not installed a hard drive in the receiver yet. Coud that be what is preventing the USB (and potentially the GUI) flashing from taking place?
    ref flashing follow Abu's post #8
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Abu,

I have set up and accessed the receiver over Filezilla as root. Search gives a file called imagewizard.xml and the following directories and locations:

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 09.03.49.jpg

There are other files (.pyo) but I do not believe they are relevant for this purpose.

Should I use one of these directories or insert it directly under the root folder (/)?

Geoff

Last edited by GeoffatMM; 11-11-21 at 09:16. Reason: Playing with smileys

Title
    Thanks
    you need to have either usb or hard drive initialized and mounted and that is where images folder goes. not system. your box can take internal hard drive.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to urie For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-11-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    I think teamblue is using OpenATV Unicable code.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    You will need a storage device attached to do the downloading then flashing. Hence my comment "root of the hdd". Can you please attach your HDD or USB stick first as per Urie's post, otherwise we won't get anywhere. In ext file system will be best. Receiver can initialise/format it for you. It ill then create the required folders once you get into the menus.

If we breakdown the Multboot questions into stages, it may be better.

How do I download an image

How do I flash an image and how do I pick which slot to use

How do I pick which image to boot into

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast