Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: openvix 6 0 001 - settings backup doesn't install

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Twol, thanks for your help with this. Is there a way Xtremeditor can be made available to install from Plugins. On my box using any image before Vix 6 I have been able to install it as Local Extension from Temp folder.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spevs View Post
    Hi Twol, thanks for your help with this. Is there a way Xtremeditor can be made available to install from Plugins. On my box using any image before Vix 6 I have been able to install it as Local Extension from Temp folder.
    Not until somebody makes it run on python3

If I knew where the source was it would help ….. but they probably want to keep their users locked in!
    Last edited by twol; 11-11-21 at 12:05.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I have finally made it. Thank you for the instructions. I moved my picon directory from root to hdd (SSD) and cleaned my backup selection. No suspicous extensions left. Then I flashed to 6.0.001 smoothly without any remarks. To my surprise, the picons are picked up from my SSD-directory now. I only had to install my favourite skin and everything seems to be perfect now.

Vu+Ultimo/D80cm motorized/OpenVix5.2.045ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2 &
    Vu+Ultimo4K/D80cm 2LNB/OpenVix6.5.001ViXBMC1080Confluence/1xDVB-S2+1xDVB-C/T+1xDVB-C/T/T2

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rte View Post
    I have finally made it. Thank you for the instructions. I moved my picon directory from root to hdd (SSD) and cleaned my backup selection. No suspicous extensions left. Then I flashed to 6.0.001 smoothly without any remarks. To my surprise, the picons are picked up from my SSD-directory now. I only had to install my favourite skin and everything seems to be perfect now.
    Great and thank you for the update
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

rte (11-11-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Changed my mind, version 6.0.001 still causing problems.
    Gigablue UHD UE4K (Openvix)
    80 cm 2 Universal LNBs (Hot Bird, Astra 19°) to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    60 cm Sky Dish Quad LNB one cable direct to Sky HD+box, 2nd cable to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    65 cm Dish (16°) to DiSEqC then to Gigblue
    Zgemma H7S (Openvix) Now used as a backup box
    Viark 4K Box

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ..... such as ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Updated Jedimaker channels to echannelizer, edited channels sent to box, box won't boot up, reflashed and reverted to 5.16.
    60 cm Sky Dish Quad LNB one cable direct to Sky HD+box, 2nd cable to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    Viark 4K Box

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmp View Post
    Updated Jedimaker channels to echannelizer, edited channels sent to box, box won't boot up, reflashed and reverted to 5.16.
    Next time:

type init 4 (space between)
    type enigma2
    look at log on screen and see if there is an errror/failure
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    OK, thanks. I'll retry 6.0.001 and keep this in mind.
    Viark 4K Box

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The only error was "no room left on device" this doesn't seem to happen with 5.14
    Viark 4K Box

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmp View Post
    The only error was "no room left on device" this doesn't seem to happen with 5.14
    which device, flash or usb stick or ???? - could be defaults for timeshift or ViX tools has changed and needs to be altered
    I am guessing flash is full for some reason - I have seen that when somebody has stored loads of bouquets etc
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    which device, flash or usb stick or ???? - could be defaults for timeshift or ViX tools has changed and needs to be altered
    I am guessing flash is full for some reason - I have seen that when somebody has stored loads of bouquets etc
    Hi, HDD about 100 gb of films and tv series, Jedi with 92 bouquets (80000+ channels) plus about 20 extra bouquets made up of fav channels of a mixture from jedi (eg my list of fav sports in one bouquet and a mirror bouquet of SLY UK channels , 1= bbc1, 6 = Sly Shows, 44 = quester etc)
    Viark 4K Box

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    No room left on device usually applies to the internal flash memory. Box should not crash at E2 startup if the HDD is full. Please uplad teh crashlog, you should still be able to connect to box even if e2 has stalled. Issue an "init 4" command to stop the restarts if you want. If you cannot get the crash logs, star Enigma2 in console mode (as mentioned above) and attach the log here. Check for usernames/password in log first.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

If I knew where the source was it would help ….. but they probably want to keep their users locked in!

Hi Twol, in view of your comments, I raised a ticket on Xtream Editor's support pages asking if they intended to develop thei Plugin for Python 3 and this it what I received back

"As soon as all the dependencies like python-sqlite etc. are available, we will also update our plugin" I am no expert but it looks promising, can you give me your take on what this actually mean.......Spevs

Title
    Thanks

Hi Twol, in view of your comments, I raised a ticket on Xtream Editor's support pages asking if they intended to develop thei Plugin for Python 3 and this it what I received back

"As soon as all the dependencies like python-sqlite etc. are available, we will also update our plugin" I am no expert but it looks promising, can you give me your take on what this actually mean.......Spevs
    Not being an expert I googled and it said:
    SQLite is a self-contained, file-based SQL database. SQLite comes bundled with Python and can be used in any of your Python applications without having to install any additional software.

In this tutorial, we’ll go through the sqlite3 module in Python 3. We’ll create a connection to a SQLite database, add a table to that database, insert data into that table, and read and modify data in that table.

So they should be able to do it..
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast