Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Channels Keep coming back after I delete them

Title
    Thanks

Channels Keep coming back after I delete them

Hi all,

After the last update, I have a problem with adult channels keep appearing back after I delete them.
    I have gone through all settings to try to find out why, but I can't seem to find what's the problem.
    This is the first time it's happening to my Vu Solo 2, I have noticed it since the latest image update to 5.4.015 .
    I have also noticed the channels are doubling up from 2 different satellites when I run a channel search.
    For example BBC ONE should be only on Astra 2 28.2, however it double's up and shows on Hotbird 13.0 which of course says tune failed.
    I am using the feeds from the building's satellite which is on a switch, 2 satellites Astra 2 28.2 and Hotbird 13.0.

Any helps please?

Many Thanks

Vu Solo2, latest image 5.4.015

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz27 View Post
    Hi all,

After the last update, I have a problem with adult channels keep appearing back after I delete them.
    I have gone through all settings to try to find out why, but I can't seem to find what's the problem.
    This is the first time it's happening to my Vu Solo 2, I have noticed it since the latest image update to 5.4.015 .
    I have also noticed the channels are doubling up from 2 different satellites when I run a channel search.
    For example BBC ONE should be only on Astra 2 28.2, however it double's up and shows on Hotbird 13.0 which of course says tune failed.
    I am using the feeds from the building's satellite which is on a switch, 2 satellites Astra 2 28.2 and Hotbird 13.0.

Any helps please?

Many Thanks

Vu Solo2, latest image 5.4.015
    How are you updating? software update or reflash?
    " I have a problem with adult channels keep appearing back after I delete them." - sat channels or IPTV?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    several possibilities:
    1. After deleting you did not restart enigma2 or the complete box. If you switch of power without either of that no changes are stored.

2. Do you use bouquets or the complete channel list? In complete channel list a background scan is active (can be deactivated) which adds already deleted channels if you switch to one of the other channels on that transponder.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

cactikid (11-10-21)

Title
    Thanks
    hi

I am updating software update.
    the problem is with Satellite channels.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi thanks for replying.
    I have never had to restart enigma2 when I deleted channels, it has always executed.

I use bouquets, and I have deactivated background scan, but still the same.
    In fact, some channels which are only available in Hotbird 13.0 are doubling up and showing as channels in Astra 28.2 when I perform a search,
    really bizarre.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Looks like there is an issue with the tuner setup. Maybe port numbers mixed up on diseqc switch setup. Or maybe the switch has failed.

Maybe try setting up your tuners again, use simple mode auto diseqc and see what it finds. Do same for both tuners. Once that is done, remove all services and scan again. There is a function in factory reset to remove channels/bouquets.

Maybe you can attach the file called "settings" located in /etc/enigma2 for someone to check your tuner config for you. Or run this script and upload result (/tmp/mytunerconfig.txt). Putty guide in my signature if you need it.

cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt

Title
    Thanks
    what's the best tuner setup please? I have tried everything.
    Some setup: I get TUNER FAILED.
    I have to go to a channel on Astra 2 first, then go another channel on Hotbird to be able to get the channels to work.
    Everytime I switch on the box I have to repeat the same operation as above to be able to watch.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Tuner setup: Where you tell the receiver what is connected to the tuners

Menu > Setup > Tuners and Scanning > Tuner configuration.
    Access the menu to see each tuner configuration.

Guide to screenshots in my signature if you need it.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the reply. Please find screenshots of my tuner configurations for both satellites Astra 28.2 & Hotbird 13.0
    This is the best I could do to get both satellites to work however evrytime I switch the box off and on again the pictures doesn't appear on any Hotbird channel until I zap to a channel on Astra 2 channel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are you switching the box off hitting the power switch or shutting it down with the remote?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    Hi thanks for replying.
    I have never had to restart enigma2 when I deleted channels, it has always executed.
    of course they are deleted for this session but they are not saved. If you use a switchable power plug, or the power switch on the box the "deleted" channels will be back when you restart the box. Changes are only stored if you restart Enigma2 or use the power menu to shut the box down.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hi I am switching the box off using the remote.
    I will try to turn it off from the power button.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    No, never use the power button, you could wreck the box.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

cactikid (12-10-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    After deleting the channels you need to either restart enigma2 or restart the box - do not turn it off
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

cactikid (12-10-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi all
    Thank you so much for all your help.
    It's sorted now. Channels are not coming back after I delete them and then restart Enigma2 without turning off the box.
    Many thanks.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Yaz27 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (12-10-21)