Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Alternatives to CrossEPG for New Zealand

  1. #16

    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 144 Times in 117 Posts
    Yes, have already deleted it

  2. #17
    Huevos's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    38.5N, 0.5W
    Posts
    10,560
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    You can use the epgrefresh plugin (available from the plugin feeds) to automate the process. You will need to configure it to use one of the services that contain the epg data and configure the duration long enough to download all the data. Its effectively an automated channel zapper - I find the "fake recording" option works well for me.
    Or just add a service in the Zapper.
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...ders.py#L2-L29

  3. #18
    Ev0's Avatar
    Title
    V.I.P
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    927
    Thanks
    327
    Thanked 374 Times in 225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Cool, now you can forget Cross.
    Or cross could be updated to work correctly in py3


  4. #19
    abu baniaz's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    22,123
    Thanks
    5,946
    Thanked 8,693 Times in 5,866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    The only EPG database changes from V7 to V8 should be the LOAD string check change and also the 8bit to 16bit type change for the source type.

    Im on the wine.. so drunken copy/paste assumptions below!
    Why buf[0] = 0x01? NOWNEXT=1, would assume V8 is buf[0] = 0x00 buf[1] = 0x00 here?

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...nverter.c#L256

    const char *header = "UNFINISHED_V8";

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...nverter.c#L337

    fwrite ("ENIGMA_EPG_V8", 13, 1, fd);

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...er.c#L191-L210

    Code:
            buf[0] = 0x01;
            buf[1] = 0x00;
            buf[2] = length ;
            buf[3] = (event_id >> 8) & 0xff;
            buf[4] = event_id & 0xff;
            buf[5] = (start_mjd >> 8) & 0xff;
            buf[6] = start_mjd & 0xff;
            buf[7] = toBCD (start_time.tm_hour);
            buf[8] = toBCD (start_time.tm_min);
            buf[9] = toBCD (start_time.tm_sec);
            buf[10] = toBCD (title->length / (60*60));
            buf[11] = toBCD ((title->length / 60) % 60);
            buf[12] = toBCD (title->length % 60);
            for (i=0; i<crcs_count; i++)
            {
                memcpy (buf+13+(i*4), &crcs[i], 4);
            }
    To avoid confusion (albeit some of files are identical)

    OE-A teams and OpenPLI build CrossEPG downloader from here:
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2openplugin-CrossEPG

  5. #20
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,810
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Or cross could be updated to work correctly in py3
    Feel free to do it
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

    ccs (13-10-21)

  7. #21
    Ev0's Avatar
    Title
    V.I.P
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    927
    Thanks
    327
    Thanked 374 Times in 225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Feel free to do it

    I would if I knew how lol


  8. #22

    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 144 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Or just add a service in the Zapper.
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/b...ders.py#L2-L29
    The Epgrefresh plugin works but I would like to test the Zapper. I cant find the path to update the provider info. Any tips?

  9. #23
    adm's Avatar
    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southend on Sea, UK
    Posts
    1,252
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 470 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    The Epgrefresh plugin works but I would like to test the Zapper. I cant find the path to update the provider info. Any tips?
    For UK Sky EPG I just have a daily timer that runs at 6am for 15 minutes to record the IEPG channel. The recording destination is the trash folder so that the recording is instantly deleted. This populates my EPG. I put my box into deep standby overnight so this timer wakes up the box and when the recording is finished goes into standby. A power timer then kicks in where if the box is in standby for 10 minutes it is switched to deep standby.

    iepg_a.jpgiepg_b.jpg

    You would have to modify the timer to record from the channel from which you obtain the epg
    Last edited by adm; 13-10-21 at 23:19.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

  10. #24

    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    759
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 144 Times in 117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    For UK Sky EPG I just have a daily timer that runs at 6am for 15 minutes to record the IEPG channel. The recording destination is the trash folder so that the recording is instantly deleted. This populates my EPG. I put my box into deep standby overnight so this timer wakes up the box and when the recording is finished goes into standby. A power timer then kicks in where if the box is in standby for 10 minutes it is switched to deep standby.

    iepg_a.jpgiepg_b.jpg

    You would have to modify the timer to record from the channel from which you obtain the epg
    Why wouldn't you use the epgrefresh or Opentv Zapper plugins?

  11. #25
    adm's Avatar
    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Southend on Sea, UK
    Posts
    1,252
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 470 Times in 368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    Why wouldn't you use the epgrefresh or Opentv Zapper plugins?
    Because I wasn't sure that they would operate from deep standby.

    A few times a year I'm away from home for a two or three week period and the only time my box would be switched on (into standby) would be when a record timer kicked in. I also have a fair number of autotimers that search the epg to set the timers. If I'm not at home my box is configured to go back into deep standby soon after a recording finishes.

    I already had a few power timers.
    One puts the box into standby at 30 minutes past midnight, one puts the box into standby if I haven't touched the remote for 2 hours and a third puts the box into deep standby if the box is in standby for 10 minutes (all can be manually overridden or automatically delayed if a recording is taking place)
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

  12. #26
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,810
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    The only EPG database changes from V7 to V8 should be the LOAD string check change and also the 8bit to 16bit type change for the source type.

    Im on the wine.. so drunken copy/paste assumptions below!
    Why buf[0] = 0x01? NOWNEXT=1, would assume V8 is buf[0] = 0x00 buf[1] = 0x00 here?

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...nverter.c#L256

    const char *header = "UNFINISHED_V8";

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...nverter.c#L337

    fwrite ("ENIGMA_EPG_V8", 13, 1, fd);

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...er.c#L191-L210

    Code:
    		buf[0] = 0x01;
    		buf[1] = 0x00;
    		buf[2] = length ;
    		buf[3] = (event_id >> 8) & 0xff;
    		buf[4] = event_id & 0xff;
    		buf[5] = (start_mjd >> 8) & 0xff;
    		buf[6] = start_mjd & 0xff;
    		buf[7] = toBCD (start_time.tm_hour);
    		buf[8] = toBCD (start_time.tm_min);
    		buf[9] = toBCD (start_time.tm_sec);
    		buf[10] = toBCD (title->length / (60*60));
    		buf[11] = toBCD ((title->length / 60) % 60);
    		buf[12] = toBCD (title->length % 60);
    		for (i=0; i<crcs_count; i++)
    		{
    			memcpy (buf+13+(i*4), &crcs[i], 4);
    		}
    So I added this change, but unfortunately on the reload whether I use the epg patch or crossepgImportEPGv21 patch in epgcache to reload it does not work. The 1st method creates an epg.dat that epgcache refuses to read (message:-epg file has incorrect byte order.. dont read it) and the latter crashes badly in eEPGCache::crossepgImportEPGv21 trying to read the created db - it obviously passes the 1st checks but then trying to process the data it crashes.
    Hard to tell whether the data is corrupt or the database format is incorrect or both.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  13. #27

    Title
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts
    I've just started using OpenTV epg as it's stated cross epg does not work in python3 but it seems to have very limited options as to when the downdload should start. I have a fixed 28.2 dish and a motorised and OpenTV usually just moves the dish to 28.2 to start the download but I have no control as to when this happens. Could a 'start time' be added and a 'once a day' option and maybe 'in standby only'?

  14. #28
    Huevos's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    38.5N, 0.5W
    Posts
    10,560
    Thanks
    1,815
    Thanked 3,880 Times in 2,557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    I've just started using OpenTV epg as it's stated cross epg does not work in python3 but it seems to have very limited options as to when the downdload should start. I have a fixed 28.2 dish and a motorised and OpenTV usually just moves the dish to 28.2 to start the download but I have no control as to when this happens. Could a 'start time' be added and a 'once a day' option and maybe 'in standby only'?
    A download will happen 3 minutes after a reboot if a tuner is available. If not you can force it via the blue button menu. Apart from that a download happens every several hours depending on how you have it configured. It was a conscious decision not to have a specific download timer.

    Please explain exactly why you would need this. What problem are you trying to solve?

  15. #29

    Title
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts
    I have set it to download every 12 hours but I go to a channel on say 30.0W and find the dish is at 28.2 because it's done a download. It takes a while to move back! Maybe return to previous sat would be one option?

  16. #30

    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,851
    Thanks
    384
    Thanked 606 Times in 494 Posts
    If you leave the stb on a channel on 30W whe you are not using it (or other satellite on the motorised dish) then the fixed dish will be used for updating epg data (as long as that tuner is free).
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 5.4, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 AVR , LG UBK80 4K Bluray & a Playstation 4.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.