Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Alternatives to CrossEPG for New Zealand

  1. #1

    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 146 Times in 119 Posts

    Question Alternatives to CrossEPG for New Zealand

    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    1. Not sure why you use Crossepg(and it doesn‘t work in Python3 so you will have to change) - alternatives are OpenTV EPG Downloader or EPGimporter.
    2. You have probably covered this before, but why don‘t you install Unicable LNB‘s as you have 2 boxes with FBC tuners ? .. and forget about some of the issues you are getting with no tuner available.
    So what to do for those of us in other parts of the world who use Crossepg for whom your suggested alternatives don't work? Change images?

  2. #2
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,988
    Thanks
    860
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    So what to do for those of us in other parts of the world who use Crossepg for whom your suggested alternatives don't work? Change images?
    Epgimporter?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  3. #3
    Huevos's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    38.5N, 0.5W
    Posts
    10,789
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 3,962 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    So what to do for those of us in other parts of the world who use Crossepg for whom your suggested alternatives don't work? Change images?
    What are you trying to download.

  4. #4

    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 146 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    What are you trying to download.
    crossepg works well for me downloading Sky NZ from Optus D1. ATM it is the only way I have found of getting the epg for these channels. If Crossepg won't work with python 3 then I will have to find an alternative and was wondering what that might be.
    Last edited by Tkr001; 10-10-21 at 02:43.

  5. #5
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,988
    Thanks
    860
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    crossepg works well for me downloading Sky NZ from Optus D1. ATM it is the only way I have found of getting the epg for these channels. If Crossepg won't work with python 3 then I will have to find an alternative and was wondering what that might be.
    Problem with Cross in py3 is not the python, I have that working, but due to EPG database changes needs C++ code changes - which are beyond me.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  6. #6
    Huevos's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    38.5N, 0.5W
    Posts
    10,789
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 3,962 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    crossepg works well for me downloading Sky NZ from Optus D1. ATM it is the only way I have found of getting the epg for these channels. If Crossepg won't work with python 3 then I will have to find an alternative and was wondering what that might be.
    So why can't you zap to download the EPG. What channel are you tuning to download it?

  7. #7
    abu baniaz's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East London
    Posts
    22,168
    Thanks
    5,967
    Thanked 8,712 Times in 5,881 Posts
    Posts moved to new thread.

    The NZ details were added to CrossEPG here.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2ope...c5a6136409d124

    Tuning parameters here
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2ope...sd1_160.0.conf


    The Dict files were added to our E2 here, so zapping to a service on the EPG transponder should work:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c...ba4f200ba1cbfd

    He can't use Rytec EPG as Doglover said he will only do European services.

  8. #8

    Title
    V.I.P
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 495 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    Problem with Cross in py3 is not the python, I have that working, but due to EPG database changes needs C++ code changes - which are beyond me.
    The only EPG database changes from V7 to V8 should be the LOAD string check change and also the 8bit to 16bit type change for the source type.

    Im on the wine.. so drunken copy/paste assumptions below!
    Why buf[0] = 0x01? NOWNEXT=1, would assume V8 is buf[0] = 0x00 buf[1] = 0x00 here?

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...nverter.c#L256

    const char *header = "UNFINISHED_V8";

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...nverter.c#L337

    fwrite ("ENIGMA_EPG_V8", 13, 1, fd);

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...er.c#L191-L210

    Code:
    		buf[0] = 0x01;
    		buf[1] = 0x00;
    		buf[2] = length ;
    		buf[3] = (event_id >> 8) & 0xff;
    		buf[4] = event_id & 0xff;
    		buf[5] = (start_mjd >> 8) & 0xff;
    		buf[6] = start_mjd & 0xff;
    		buf[7] = toBCD (start_time.tm_hour);
    		buf[8] = toBCD (start_time.tm_min);
    		buf[9] = toBCD (start_time.tm_sec);
    		buf[10] = toBCD (title->length / (60*60));
    		buf[11] = toBCD ((title->length / 60) % 60);
    		buf[12] = toBCD (title->length % 60);
    		for (i=0; i<crcs_count; i++)
    		{
    			memcpy (buf+13+(i*4), &crcs[i], 4);
    		}
    Last edited by LraiZer; 10-10-21 at 18:41.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LraiZer For This Useful Post:

    Andy_Hazza (12-10-21),Clabs (10-10-21)

  10. #9
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6,988
    Thanks
    860
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LraiZer View Post
    The only EPG database changes from V7 to V8 should be the LOAD string check change and also the 8bit to 16bit type change for the source type.

    Im on the wine.. so drunken copy/paste assumptions below!
    Why buf[0] = 0x01? NOWNEXT=1, would assume V8 is buf[0] = 0x00 buf[1] = 0x00 here?

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...nverter.c#L256

    const char *header = "UNFINISHED_V8";

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...nverter.c#L337

    fwrite ("ENIGMA_EPG_V8", 13, 1, fd);

    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2o...er.c#L191-L210

    Code:
    		buf[0] = 0x01;
    		buf[1] = 0x00;
    		buf[2] = length ;
    		buf[3] = (event_id >> 8) & 0xff;
    		buf[4] = event_id & 0xff;
    		buf[5] = (start_mjd >> 8) & 0xff;
    		buf[6] = start_mjd & 0xff;
    		buf[7] = toBCD (start_time.tm_hour);
    		buf[8] = toBCD (start_time.tm_min);
    		buf[9] = toBCD (start_time.tm_sec);
    		buf[10] = toBCD (title->length / (60*60));
    		buf[11] = toBCD ((title->length / 60) % 60);
    		buf[12] = toBCD (title->length % 60);
    		for (i=0; i<crcs_count; i++)
    		{
    			memcpy (buf+13+(i*4), &crcs[i], 4);
    		}
    Thanks, I will have a look during the week, maybe this will stop it rubbishing the database on writeback
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

    Andy_Hazza (12-10-21),Clabs (10-10-21)

  12. #10

    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 146 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Posts moved to new thread.

    The NZ details were added to CrossEPG here.
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2ope...c5a6136409d124

    Tuning parameters here
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2ope...sd1_160.0.conf


    The Dict files were added to our E2 here, so zapping to a service on the EPG transponder should work:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c...ba4f200ba1cbfd

    He can't use Rytec EPG as Doglover said he will only do European services.
    I have zapped to every service on all Sky NZ transponders and all I ever get is now and next. It has been like this for a few years, although zapping to channels used to work back.

    I am open to all suggestions and am willing to test anything to see if it works.

  13. #11
    Huevos's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    38.5N, 0.5W
    Posts
    10,789
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 3,962 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Zap to any service on 12519 H, e.g. Breeze TV, TVNZ Duke +1, Prime, Prime Plus 1, Bravo New Zealand +1. Stay tuned to that service for at least 3 minutes.

    Download should have happened.

  14. #12

    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 146 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Zap to any service on 12519 H, e.g. Breeze TV, TVNZ Duke +1, Prime, Prime Plus 1, Bravo New Zealand +1. Stay tuned to that service for at least 3 minutes.

    Download should have happened.
    Thanks. That gets the full EPG for the FTA channels but all the encrypted ones (most of the channels) only get now and next.

  15. #13

    Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 146 Times in 119 Posts
    Having left it for longer full epg now available. Thanks Huevos.

  16. #14

    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks
    386
    Thanked 611 Times in 499 Posts
    You can use the epgrefresh plugin (available from the plugin feeds) to automate the process. You will need to configure it to use one of the services that contain the epg data and configure the duration long enough to download all the data. Its effectively an automated channel zapper - I find the "fake recording" option works well for me.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 5.4, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 AVR , LG UBK80 4K Bluray & a Playstation 4.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

    abu baniaz (13-10-21)

  18. #15
    Huevos's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    38.5N, 0.5W
    Posts
    10,789
    Thanks
    1,821
    Thanked 3,962 Times in 2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    Having left it for longer full epg now available. Thanks Huevos.
    Cool, now you can forget Cross.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.