Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: TV not detecting box without hard reboot

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments

Thread: TV not detecting box without hard reboot

Title
    Thanks

TV not detecting box without hard reboot

Hi,
    Not sure if this is an issue with my box, OpenVIX or Samsung.

Most days, I'll get an issue where my Samsung TV will say there is no signal detected on HDMI1, where my enigma box is.
    The only solution I've found is to flick the power switch or pull the plug. Rebooting via openWebIf doesn't fix it. It has to be a full power cycle.
    Its also happened where I've been watching the box, changed to another input for my games console and when I go back to HDMI1, my TV says there is no box connected.

My current TV I've had about a month as my previous TV was faulty. I got a different model TV and this issue was on the 2 TVs. But the previous TV before that, I didn't notice any issue.
    So my month old TV, it happens on. My previous TV I got at Xmas, it happens. My TV before that which I got in 2014 was fine. All Samsung TVs.

I've changed hdmi cable. Changed hdmi inputs. At this stage I don't know what else to try. Usually it's an annoyance and I can do a power cycle and get on with it, but I'm recording something now so don't want to power off as I'll lose the recording.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Maybe it's a Samsung issue? I have another issue with my Samsung soundbar that loses audio sync when I change inputs so I'm not against blaming Samsung for bad firmware!!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try messing about with the HDMI CEC settings on box. Also the resolution settings.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eoinzy View Post
    Hi,
    Not sure if this is an issue with my box, OpenVIX or Samsung.

Most days, I'll get an issue where my Samsung TV will say there is no signal detected on HDMI1, where my enigma box is.
    The only solution I've found is to flick the power switch or pull the plug. Rebooting via openWebIf doesn't fix it. It has to be a full power cycle.
    Its also happened where I've been watching the box, changed to another input for my games console and when I go back to HDMI1, my TV says there is no box connected.

My current TV I've had about a month as my previous TV was faulty. I got a different model TV and this issue was on the 2 TVs. But the previous TV before that, I didn't notice any issue.
    So my month old TV, it happens on. My previous TV I got at Xmas, it happens. My TV before that which I got in 2014 was fine. All Samsung TVs.

I've changed hdmi cable. Changed hdmi inputs. At this stage I don't know what else to try. Usually it's an annoyance and I can do a power cycle and get on with it, but I'm recording something now so don't want to power off as I'll lose the recording.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Maybe it's a Samsung issue? I have another issue with my Samsung soundbar that loses audio sync when I change inputs so I'm not against blaming Samsung for bad firmware!!!
    „The only solution I've found is to flick the power switch or pull the plug“ - you are going to kill the box that way.
    As mentioned, try enabling hdmi-cec…………. Menu/Setup/hdmi-CEC
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I have CEC enabled. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. As I said, the same box worked on my old Samsung TV, just not the most recent 2 Samsung TVs.

resolution.jpg
    hdmi-cec.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thinking its those dam tvs needing glasses to see the dam thing , can you try other tvs non Samsung at your m8 and possibly will work

How do I enable HDMI on my Samsung TV?
    Press the Home button your TV remote, and then navigate to and select Settings > General. Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it on. Next, connect an external device using an HDMI cable, and then turn on the device - it will automatically connect to the TV.

Not sure if you did this.
    Last edited by cactikid; 11-10-21 at 00:31.

Title
    Thanks
    The in-laws have the same box, different TV, and have no issues.

Maybe I'll try disable "Input Signal Plus" and see if it changes things.

Title
    Thanks
    I only use the remote for my sat box. So my HDMI-CEC look slightly different

Use TV remote control no
    Handle standby from TV no
    Handle wakeup from TV no
    Forward volume key no
    Put A/V receiver in standby no
    Wake A/V receiver from standby no

This means: When I switch on the sat box from standby my TV wakes up. When I go on standby the TV switches also on standby.

Of course my TV is Panasonic, but maybe changing it this way could solve your problem.
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E