Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Debug log file just says NUL, CrossEPG not downloaded for Channel 4 & No Free tuners to Download CrossEPG

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Debug log file just says NUL, CrossEPG not downloaded for Channel 4 & No Free tuners to Download CrossEPG

Title
    Thanks

Question Debug log file just says NUL, CrossEPG not downloaded for Channel 4 & No Free tuners to Download CrossEPG

I've got 2 twin S2X tuner cards connected to universal LNBs. I've got 6 problems but I don't have a log since the log got corrupted as it was over 10 MB:

1 Empty EPG Channel 4: About once a week or so Channel 4 HD has nothing in the EPG despite me setting CrossEPG to download once per day - other people have reported this before. This only happens in my VU+ Ultimo 4K box, not my Vu+ Duo 4K SE box which has the same image build number and both boxes use the same CrossEPG settings and download time although I manually restart my Vu+ Duo 4K SE box every day before looking at the EPG so maybe that fixes it. This bug has happened for the past year.

2 Debug log corrupted: I was going to upload the debug log from problem 1 but my debug log is 15 MB in size and just has every character inside it replaced with "NUL". Seems you need to limit the log to under 10 MB to get a readable log. The debug log size was already set to a 10 MB limit yet the log still grew to 15 MB. This needs to be fixed as it makes providing logs impossible unless you restart your box every day to generate a new log file which I can't do as I record 24/7 radio stations.

3 Can't Download CrossEPG: Channel 4 had no EPG data one day so I tried to download CrossEPG data but it said “Cannot free NIM because a recording is in progress”. Was recording 5 radio stations and GB News HD at the same time as each other. Once I cancelled the GB News timer I was able to download CrossEPG data again. I then immediately cancelled all the timers and restarted the box. Recorded the same 6 channels again and I was magically able to download CrossEPG this time despite it saying before it couldn't download it. With those 6 channels recording I then recorded an additional 5 HD TV channels in BBC 1, BBC 2, ITV Border England HD, BBC Four, Channel 4, Chanel 5. So with 11 channels recording at once I was STILL able to download CrossEPG so why wasn't I able to do it when recording 6 channels? Once a week or so the box behaves as though it doesn't have enough tuners even though it does. Perhaps this is linked to the zero file size recordings bug.

4 Wrong EPG Shown:I pressed up while watching a channel. Selected channel 4 then pressed EPG button. It instead showed the EPG for Channel 5 HD or Drama. About 5 minutes later while still looking through the EPG of different channels I looked at the EPG again for Channel 4 HD and this time it showed the correct EPG for Channel 4 HD. Very strange. This bug happens when in the Providers list or custom bouquet.

5 Zero Filesize Recordings: The zero file size bug that I mentioned HERE only happens on the Ultimo box despite it having two twin S2X tuner cards while the Vu+ Duo 4K SE box only has one twin S2X tuner card. Both boxes are connected to different Sky dishes installed by Sky and use Universal LNBs. I also have 2 Sky+ HD boxes which are connected to the same dish as the Ultimo box and I've never had any issues with failed recordings on those.

6 OpenWebif Can't Edit Timer: On my VU+ Ultimo 4K box I sometimes notice that trying to edit a timer via WebIf, the edit box doesn't open. Always seems to be one timer that does that instead of all the other timers. This is annoying as it takes much longer to type out a timer name via remote control on my box than it does with a keyboard. I last got this problem when I had no timers running and the next timer that was due to start wouldn't let me edit it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    The debug log problem was fixed in 5.4.015.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

birdman (08-10-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    1. Not sure why you use Crossepg(and it doesn‘t work in Python3 so you will have to change) - alternatives are OpenTV EPG Downloader or EPGimporter.
    2. You have probably covered this before, but why don‘t you install Unicable LNB‘s as you have 2 boxes with FBC tuners ? .. and forget about some of the issues you are getting with no tuner available.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    So what to do for those of us in other parts of the world who use Crossepg for whom your suggested alternatives don't work? Change images?
    Are the other images also changing to Python 3 ?
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    6 OpenWebif Can't Edit Timer: On my VU+ Ultimo 4K box I sometimes notice that trying to edit a timer via WebIf, the edit box doesn't open.
    It's also the case that editing a timer from certain pop-up screens fails.

Code:
    https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2openplugin-OpenWebif/issues/1130
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Are the other images also changing to Python 3 ?
    Yes - except perhaps openpli
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    5 Zero Filesize Recordings: The zero file size bug that I mentioned HERE only happens on the Ultimo box despite it having two twin S2X tuner cards while the Vu+ Duo 4K SE box only has one twin S2X tuner card. Both boxes are connected to different Sky dishes installed by Sky and use Universal LNBs. I also have 2 Sky+ HD boxes which are connected to the same dish as the Ultimo box and I've never had any issues with failed recordings on those.
    I've zero understanding of satellites and LNB's. Won't the "2 Sky+ boxes on the same dish" have an impact on what the Ultimo4k can record?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    I've zero understanding of satellites and LNB's. Won't the "2 Sky+ boxes on the same dish" have an impact on what the Ultimo4k can record?
    The dish may have an octo LNB, which has up to 8 cables connected. All are theoretically independent, so you could have two SKY+ boxes and another four tuners (the two twin tuner S2X cards on the Ultimo) attached. If the OP is splitting or sharing cables, then all bets are off.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

ccs (08-10-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    1. Not sure why you use Crossepg(and it doesn‘t work in Python3 so you will have to change) - alternatives are OpenTV EPG Downloader or EPGimporter.
    2. You have probably covered this before, but why don‘t you install Unicable LNB‘s as you have 2 boxes with FBC tuners ? .. and forget about some of the issues you are getting with no tuner available.
    Then my 2 Sky+ HD boxes wouldn't work with the dish as there's not enough universal LNBs ports on my 2 dishes.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I used CrossEPG as I thought that was the thing I had to use and I've always been using it. I'm not familiar with using the other two. How do you use them?

Then my 2 Sky+ HD boxes wouldn't work with the dish as there's not enough universal LNBs ports on my 2 dishes.
    Last edited by SkyFan; 10-10-21 at 10:27.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    How many receivers & tuners are you using in total with the 2 dishes?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Is it possible to upgrade without installing an image from scratch? If so, how do you do that?

Title
    Thanks
    Is it possible to upgrade without installing an image from scratch? If so, how do you do that?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    The dish may have an octo LNB, which has up to 8 cables connected. All are theoretically independent, so you could have two SKY+ boxes and another four tuners (the two twin tuner S2X cards on the Ultimo) attached. If the OP is splitting or sharing cables, then all bets are off.
    I'm not splitting or sharing cables.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In one of the the normal ways? menu -> setup -> system -> software update
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)