Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: TV Channel Failed to Record - Zero Filesize (Logs provided)

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Channel Failed to Record - Zero Filesize (Logs provided)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    As I mentioned in the other threads of yours, the sequence in which the tuners are used is also relevant. If there is a bug, we need to have a repeatable/reliable method to reproduce it. If it is a driver issue, we also need to describe this to the manufacturer so they can look at it.

You need to list the transponder details for all the services you are having issues. Use Simple 1080 or Vix Night HD or any other skin that has the details. Change back after you get the details. Which ITV are you referring to? There are so many of them on different transponders. Would be so much easier if the information was supplied.

If it is just that the service has moved to a different frequency on the satellite, the only solution is to record on the new one
    Is the transponder details I posted in my previous post not correct? If that method I mentioned to get the details works then I'd rather not change Skins to get the details because won't it split my recordings in two when the GUI reboots? I'm always recording stuff you see such as radio stations 24/7.

The transponder details I posted were for ITV Border England HD. In the current image I'm using which I started using recently, I've only had one thing fail to record and it was on that channel.

If there's anything else you need me to do then please let me know.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    If the dish is slightly out of alignment so that it doesn't work well on every transponder, then it's totally possible that different clouds, rain, sunshine, gusts of wind, air temperature and so on can mean a transponder is unusable at one time but working fine at another time.
    There have also been some major problems in the last week with both UK satellite and terrestrial transmission control with backup facilities having to be used after a fire or the fire suppressant equipment damaged a lot of equipment. It's the reason that some of the "4" and "5" channels were off air for a while, AD and subtitles may not be working correctly, adverts may be missing, and probably the reason that "5" channels have a little on screen square coloured black and white indicating backup facilities. The BBC transmission control has also been moved. There have also been some knock-on problems.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12