Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Remote control is controlling 2 boxes at once in same room

Title
    Thanks

Question Remote control is controlling 2 boxes at once in same room

These were some instructions I was given in the past for my VU+ Duo 4K SE and Ultimo 4K which each use an identical VU+ Universal Remote Control:

Remote Control Type:
    VU+ Duo 4K SE uses “New VU+ Type 6 RCU” by default”
    VU+ Ultimo 4K uses “VU+ Bluetooth RCU” by default.

Remote Control System Code:
    VU+ Duo 4K SE uses “2” by default.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K uses “3” by default

Use VU+ Duo 4K SE remote on it’s box and change settings to this:
    Remote Control Type: New VU+ Type 6 RCU
    Remote Control System Code: 2

To confirm a code change you have to do this:
    Hold the “OK” and “STB” buttons until the red LED is solid then press “0 0 0 0 3” then “OK”. Choose “Keep”.

Now turn the box off. Turn the other box on:

Use a VU+ Universal remote and change settings to this:
    Remote Control Type: Legacy VU+ Universal RCU
    Remote Control System Code: 3
    Those instructions worked fine. However I've now updated the images on both boxes.

One remote now doesn't control any box. The other remote only controls my VU+ Duo 4K SE. Should I just follow the same instructions as before? I'm a bit worried in case both remote become inactive. Is there a way to reset the remote to defaults?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    My Ultimo4K uses system code 2, and I've never changed it, so I assume that's the default.

Menu/setup/system/Remote Control Code shows you what it's set to.

OpenWebif has a remote control if you get stuck.
    Last edited by ccs; 24-09-21 at 19:16.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (24-09-21),SkyFan (24-09-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    all VU except Solo and Duo (1st gen.) are using code 2 as default. What do you want to achieve? Do you want to control both with the same remote or should every box have its own code?

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Do you want to control both with the same remote or should every box have its own code?
    I'm not sure how you could ever control two boxes with one remote.

It would be nice is you could somehow get a remote to send a unique* set of codes and to tell a box which set of codes to respond to. But I can't see that happening. I sometimes wonder why BluRay player and TV remote don't interfere.

*I have an mbtwin and a et8000 next to each other. I have to block the mbtwin's code receiver to stop it responding to the et8000. Although from time to time it will refuse to respond to a power-on press and at that point "<<" from the et8000 remote does wake it up.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    I have 2 universal remotes. I want 1 remote to control 1 box and the other remote to control the other box.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    If you've updated (and not restored settings) both of your ViX boxes, the remotes won't need touching, just the remote codes on the box(es) which no longer work.
    Last edited by ccs; 26-09-21 at 15:40.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    set box 1 to code 2 and box 2 to code 3 and program one remote to code 2 and the other remote to code 3. How it is done is shown to you when you use the plugin remote_control_code.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard