Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Looking for replacement satellite reciever

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Looking for replacement satellite reciever

I presently have a Mutant HD51 satellite receiver, and I am thinking about replacing it with a newer receiver which has twin satellite and a cable interface or port.

I have looked at a couple of receivers that may suit, but I'm not really sure. The ones I did look at are the Gigablue UHD Quad 4k which has a spare tuner slot, and also the VU+ DUO

Would either of those receivers be suitable for what I want, or are there any others that would suit.

Apologies if it looks like I don't know what I am talking about, as I don't know much about tuners etc.
    Thanks
    Last edited by avalon65; 14-09-21 at 20:48.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A cheaper option is the Zgemma H7S which is almost exactly the same as the mutant hd51 but has 2 sat tuners and a cable/terrestrial tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks, and do you know what the physical size of the zgemma box is as I can't see it in the specs. Also is the quality the same as the Mutant HD51, because I paid a lot more for that just over 4 years ago.
    Thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It's slightly smaller but performance wise it equals the Mutant imho.
    Same processor if I remember rightly.

mutant.jpgzgemma.jpg
    Last edited by Willo3092; 15-09-21 at 10:04.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    "which has twin satellite and a cable interface " - that is the sticking point, most new receivers do 1 dvb-S2x and 1 Cable/Terrestrial or 2 x dvb-s2x.
    If you went Gigablue I would take the gbue4K not gbquad4k - would give you what you ask for (with additional cable tuner card)and is a nice looking quality box. Also if you looked at converting to a unicable LNB would give you a lot more
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K