Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: A6 Combo audio out of sync

Title
    Thanks

A6 Combo audio out of sync

Just taken ownership of a new A6 combo hybrid from WoS.
    I have all my favourite terrestrial and satellite channels saved to Fav which was one of the reasons I purchased the box.
    However every now and then there's a glitch and the audio will run out of sync. I've tried changing settings but nothing seems to work except restarting the box. This is getting to be a real pain.
    Also when trying to view BBC1 HD on the T2 tuner the picture appears very jumpy. I've tried every video setting from 720i up to 1080p but nothing helps. The channel is fine on the satellite tuner. Other T2 HD channels appear to be fine. Seems a little strange and is only a minor bugbear. I would appreciate some help with this issue, thanks.
    Software version 1.0.05

Title
    Thanks
    Hi there, I am not saying this will cure the issue(s) but I think the first place to start is with upgrading the firmware and then we'll see how you get on and can take it from there. The version you are on 1.0.05 is the latest 'Stable version' but it's actually quite old, getting on for nearly a year and half or so, so I would update to the latest 'BETA version' (don't worry, it's quite safe to use) and currently this on version 1.0.13 and it's from the very end of April this year.

To upgrade to the BETA version then it's:
    Home > Setting > System > Upgrade > BETA version (blue button - the important part to press!) > Select version (currently 1.0.13) > OK > Update now > OK > Confirm

Once that's finished it's thing then let it all reboot and give it a try out, see how you get on better/worse/fix or whatever then let us know on here and we'll take it from there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiko UK For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (06-09-21)

Title
    Thanks
    I've upgraded the software , the audio appears to have improved from what I can see. BBC HD on the T2 tuner is still jittery.
    Changing channels can be glitchy with the picture freezing for a few seconds sometimes.
    What does the panscan/combined/ignore setting do or is it relevant?
    My TV is specced at 1080p

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macoboy View Post
    I've upgraded the software , the audio appears to have improved from what I can see. BBC HD on the T2 tuner is still jittery.
    Changing channels can be glitchy with the picture freezing for a few seconds sometimes.
    What does the panscan/combined/ignore setting do or is it relevant?
    My TV is specced at 1080p
    The BBC HD transmission will be 1080i at 50 Hz. Try setting the AV settings to this. If you (or the box) are trying to convert 1080i (1080 interlaced) to 1080p (1080 progressive) or a 50Hz transmission to 60 Hz you may see some oddities.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    It's actually gotten worse now. I've tried all the different settings . RTE is now unwatchable. It's on the terrestrial tuner, glitching and freezing all the time. There's over 70% signal strength. The satellite channels are running much better but I can't get the Irish channels on the sat.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    It's signal quality that counts, 70% signal strength might, in fact, be your problem.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ..... has your tv got a terrestrial tuner, if so what's the picture like on that?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macoboy View Post
    It's actually gotten worse now. I've tried all the different settings . RTE is now unwatchable. It's on the terrestrial tuner, glitching and freezing all the time. There's over 70% signal strength. The satellite channels are running much better but I can't get the Irish channels on the sat.
    Signal strength is just somewhat of a general reading. The more important parameter is the BER figure. BER = Bit Error Rate and should ideally be zero 100% of the time.

HD broadcasts on DVB T2 MUX often require a better signal quality than you may get away with than on a SD broadcast on a DVB T MUX.

Terrestrial transmissions can be affected by the weather and even the weather conditions day to night. To see the weather is causing your problem check both versions of the software under the same conditions. Check the reception using both the old software and the beta software within a very short period between tests (minutes and not days).

Digital TV is very susceptible to electrical impulse interference which may be getting in from nearby electrical equipment if you don’t have 100% screened fly leads. While your picture is glitchng try turning off or moving nearby electrical equipment, or moving the fly leads awy from each other.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    The reception on my TV was perfect. I have a Tiviar alpha running perfectly in another room with the same signal strength. I'll have a look at the cables although there isn't any other equiptment. Just the TV and the box. I would gladly have paid more for a box with a better tuner. Hopefully I can get it resolved. Thanks for your input.

Title
    Thanks
    Changed a few leads and it's improved the signal. It doesn't show the BER just the strength and quality. Although on the Tiviar the BER is zero. Fingers crossed for now, and leads uncrossed;-)

Title
    Thanks
    Just wanted to post an update. Thought the box was running better but out of the blue it stops playing HD channels. It looks like they're running in slow motion. This is every HD channel. 90% signal and 90% quality. Only resolved with a restart, and even then the audio will be out of sync on some channels. Then tonight out of the blue the tuner failed completely. That's 0% on every channel,T2 and satellite. Restarted and tuner is back to normal with audio out on random channels. Surely I should expect better than this.
    I've never had trouble like this with a WoS purchase. I'm requesting a replacement (different STB obviously).