Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Problem with one transporder.

Title
    Thanks

Problem with one transporder.

Hi
    I have problem with one transporter. When I try watch one of channel it says "tune failed".
    I check in satellite signal, and all transponder 12264 from HB 13e signal is 0.
    I take cable from tuner and connect to my satellite meter WS-6933.
    Signal on this transponder is detected as:
    S - 77%
    Q - 37%
    S/N - 7.7 dB
    PWR: -30 dBm
    Ber: 2.1E-01
    Is to week to detect by VU+ uno 4k SE or my FCB tuner is faulty?
    Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    I've lost KBS World today on 13E 11727. Maybe a satellite issue ? I've just done a rescan and now it's gone from the epg. No news on the internet. VU+ Duo 4kSE. Same on a second satellite receiver fed from the same lnb.
    VU+ Duo 4K SE with 4 S2 tuners and usb T2 tuner | Synology DS920 for recordings | Freesat UK on Sky dish | 80cm fixed dish on 13E | 100cm motorised dish | TVMosaic | Emby | TBS5990 | HDHomerun

Title
    Thanks
    Yesterday there was no problem at all.
    Maybe because of Brexit, a Hot Bird reduces foot print

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No problem with KBS or the channels on 12264 here in Ireland.

Title
    Thanks
    Well that's good news. I'll swap out my lnb then. Thanks :-)

Title
    Thanks
    Well that changed nothing. Time to reconnect the 1m dish !
    VU+ Duo 4K SE with 4 S2 tuners and usb T2 tuner | Synology DS920 for recordings | Freesat UK on Sky dish | 80cm fixed dish on 13E | 100cm motorised dish | TVMosaic | Emby | TBS5990 | HDHomerun

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Maybe the dish has moved slightly out of alignment. That can effect some transponders differently from others, but I would have expected more than just one transponder to be having troubles.
    IME S/N ratio of 7.7dB usually means poor reception, but all similar readings (S/N, strength and BER) from receivers and alignment meters should be taken with a pinch of salt and used mainly as a way of detecting whether reception has improved or deteriorated rather than compared with readings from other receivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    BER means almost nothing on most current boxes as they do not deliver a value. 15 years ago it was one of the most important signal as it reacts very fine on small changes.

For adjusting the dish use a rather bad transponder and not one of the premium channels.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    13E is in problems and before yesterday all transponders 11xxx where offline.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E