Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: GigaBlue FBC Tuner Failed?

Title
    Thanks

GigaBlue FBC Tuner Failed?

I recently moved house and brought my GigaBlue UHD UE 4K with Unicable Inverto 24UL40 and dish with me. I was setting up the dish with the Gigablue on the Signal Finder which I could see through a window. I was just about finished and decided to tidy up the cable routing during which I disconnected and reconnected the cable at the LNB. The signal was there one moment and completely gone the next. It's been like that ever since - no signal at all. I suspected I had broken the LNB somehow so got new Inverto 32UL42 and reconfigured the tuner settings ... but still no signal.

So the question is - what do I do now? Have I broken the FBC tuner somehow and can it be replaced?

Other information...
    The terrestrial tuner is still working.
    There is still voltage on the cable at the LNB so I think the cable is OK.

Thanks.

Tony

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywh View Post
    I recently moved house and brought my GigaBlue UHD UE 4K with Unicable Inverto 24UL40 and dish with me. I was setting up the dish with the Gigablue on the Signal Finder which I could see through a window. I was just about finished and decided to tidy up the cable routing during which I disconnected and reconnected the cable at the LNB. The signal was there one moment and completely gone the next. It's been like that ever since - no signal at all. I suspected I had broken the LNB somehow so got new Inverto 32UL42 and reconfigured the tuner settings ... but still no signal.

So the question is - what do I do now? Have I broken the FBC tuner somehow and can it be replaced?

Other information...
    The terrestrial tuner is still working.
    There is still voltage on the cable at the LNB so I think the cable is OK.

Thanks.

Tony
    So are you connected to both tuner inputs A & B or just one?? If one try the other (and reconfigure tuner config)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks @twol. I'm connected only to A, with B configured to connect to A internally. I've tried connecting to B and changing its configuration so it's not connected to A anymore but still no signal on A or B.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    because the cable will also supply power to the LNBs you can easily create a short and destroy something. Do you have another receiver you could try?

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    1. How easy is it to run a separate cable between the LNB and receiver, just to rule out any issue with the cable?
    2. are you sure that you have not knocked the dish off signal??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    because the cable will also supply power to the LNBs you can easily create a short and destroy something. Do you have another receiver you could try?

Ralf
    Yes, maybe I have destroyed something. I don't have another received to try.

Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    1. How easy is it to run a separate cable between the LNB and receiver, just to rule out any issue with the cable?
    2. are you sure that you have not knocked the dish off signal??
    Good suggestion, I'll try a different cable just to be sure.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You could also take receiver to another location to try with another dish/lnb. Does not have to be unicable LNB. But must not be wideband (for Sky Q).

Title
    Thanks
    I tried another cable, same result.
    Suppose I have killer the tuner, what's the remedy? Can the tuner be replaced or is it a whole new box?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    FBC tuners not plugable/not replaceable - I guess only by Impex-sat/Gigablue (Germany)

So if you haven‘t done this:
    Connect cable to input A - make sure its A
    Flash with ImageManager latest image into another slot.
    It will reboot and go into wizard setup
    Do NOT use settings backup, but setup from scratch and see if finds the FBC tuner - if so just configure tuner A and then run a transponder scan to see if it finds anything.
    Last edited by twol; 06-09-21 at 19:23.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So if you haven‘t done this:
    Connect cable to input A - make sure its A
    Flash with ImageManager latest image into another slot.
    It will reboot and go into wizard setup
    Do NOT use settings backup, but setup from scratch and see if finds the FBC tuner - if so just configure tuner A and then run a transponder scan to see if it finds anything.
    Thanks for the suggestion. This managed to tune some of the channels but not others. Interesting - could the tuner be only partially working or is it more likely that the signal quality is poor due to alignment or cable quality?

Title
    Thanks
    I had a similar situation, no signal on an FBC tuner, I thought it was broken but re configuring or restoring the tuner settings fixed it.

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure if my problem was the same but i had a Gigablue UHD quad 4k, i tried to get a unicable to work but all efforts failed, apparently it's a driver problem with Gigablue, they weren't very helpful in fixing it, i sold the Gigablue and bought a VU+Ultimo 4k, no problem since, i would add that plenty of people on this forum tried to help but selling it on stopped me throwing it out the window.