Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Edision OS mio+ 4k Tuners Configurations

Title
    Thanks

Post Edision OS mio+ 4k Tuners Configurations

Hello,
    I just bought an Edision OS mio+ 4k receiver to replace the outdated Manhattan Phoenix satellite receiver and need some help with tuners configurations.
    I have configured the LNB B tuner input to drive my H-to-H mount with DiSEqC 1.2 to locate the satellites and this is working fine. The problem I encountered is trying to configure LNB A tuner input as a loop through tuner to provide signal to my Panasonic's built in satellite receiver. I used all provided combinations/settings in configurations menu with no success. It comes up with no signal. Although the loop through works in my old receiver. I tried this on OpenATV, OpenVix and OpenPLi with the same results. Any help will be appreciated.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    What do you mean loop through, because os mio doesn't have loop through.
    Last edited by Huevos; 03-09-21 at 07:52.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Basically I configured tuner B to be the master and I want tuner A to behave as LNB OUT to another receiver by making an internal loopthrough between the two tuners. I think this is possible in mio+?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Tuner A is an input socket, not an output.

Tuner B is an input socket, not an output.

Title
    Thanks
    In that case the explanation in the tuner configuration settings on the rhs of the screen is a bit of misleading? It say 'Configure this tuner using simple or advanced options - loop it through to another tuner; copy a configuration from another tuner, or disable it'.
    tuner_config.jpg

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    On the hardware: There is no loop out from the Mio 4k +. This is an unchangeable fact. You cannot use an input socket as an output.

On the software: You are using OpenATV. This is the forum of OpenViX, so if you want setup advice you need to be using OpenViX.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Internal loopthrough from one tuner to another gives you 2 tuners with one coax feed (with some limitations ie both tuners must be using the same quadrant). Its not for looping through to another receiver.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Its not for looping through to another receiver.
    And if it were it would say "loop out" next to the socket, not "tuner A in".

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (03-09-21),ronand (03-09-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you ronand, that's what I am trying to achieve and I am also aware of all the limitations this configuration would offer. I belive in order to set up an internal loopthrough between the two tuners the config mode in the tuners settings should be set to 'Loop through to' setting. For some reason this setting is not available on any of the images I run on this machine. I have got the following settings available in configuration mode:
    Disabled
    Second cable of motorised LNB
    Equal to
    Advanced
    Simple

These settings are when running on OpenVix image 5.4 rel 014. Mybe I need to download additional plugins/drivers?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If the internal loop through option is not available in the software then it most likely because it is not available in the hardware. It is a hardware function and not all receivers have it. Even if your receiver has it you will not be able to get an output to your TV.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for your feedback guys and sorry if I have waisted some of your precious keyboard time