Hi all

Spent whole day reading/re-reading and trying posts and guides here with no effect!

I am getting freezing on some channels, which from reading here, I think are checks on OSCam. I turned those off in the settings and reduced but not eliminated them.

Other advice was to update image as this was a flaw that had been resolved.

BUT

I can't save my settings, they always freeze at 81% then time out.
I have successfully saved an image to HDD and USB.

I can't find an online software image - nothing appears (I believe the stb is correctly networked).

I have copied the 5.4.014 image zip file to a 3 different FAT32 formatted USB sticks. I thought it was supposed to load automatically if inserted when the stb was switched on. It boots as usual though.

I also unzipped the file and also copied the individual files to the root of the USB stick. No difference.
I copied just the UE45 folder and its contents to the root drive. No difference.

It's 3 years since I set up my box and I can't remember exactly how I flashed it last time!

I also thought I ought o be able to do it from my computer over the network or, according to posts, in 'couch' mode just using the remote.

I'm clearly doing something wrong!

Next I would try a factory reset followed by an image restore!

I have quite a complicated set of channels saved as well as other measures I also cannot remember fully, so would prefer to have a set of settings in reserve! I know they are all contained in the image file backup zip file so could copy across appropriate - IF I could remember how to copy files from computer to stb!

Any help appreciated - tearing my hair out and have a very important lice broadcast on Friday I'd like to capture.