Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Info button and dual tuner help

Title
    Thanks

Info button and dual tuner help

Hi.

Just got my Due 4K SE runninmg OpenVix. Loving how customisable it is.

First a really dumb question. The GUI refers to an Info button in various places. However, the remote doesn't seem to have one? What button can I use for this?

Secondly. is it possible to run both satellite and DVB-T2 tuners at the same time and distinguish them in the EPG? There are a few channels on Freeview that are not on FreeSat that I'd like to view. Also, sometime in my location if it's raining really hard I lose FreeSat signal, so I would like to easily access FreeView when it happens.

Finally (sorry), is there a way to map satellite Channel 4 HD into the EPG at the C4 location? I believe the channel is accessible, but not available in the FreeSat EPG after their spat with Channel 4.

Thanks!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I use the 'help' button as an info button. You can change it in Menu > Setup > User Interface > Button Setup.
    If you scan Sky FTA rather than Freesat it will give you Ch4 HD.
    If you also scan for Freeview it should create a separate Freeview bouquet, accessible by pressing the down button (under OK) and then the blue button. (or the TV button if the remote has one).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    I use the 'help' button as an info button. You can change it in Menu > Setup > User Interface > Button Setup.
    If you scan Sky FTA rather than Freesat it will give you Ch4 HD.
    If you also scan for Freeview it should create a separate Freeview bouquet, accessible by pressing the down button (under OK) and then the blue button. (or the TV button if the remote has one).
    That's great. Thanks very much. I try those suggestions!

Any recommendations for useful plugins?

Title
    Thanks
    Weirdly, it won't seem to let me re-assigning the Teletext button for anything. I tried using that for "show event details", but it stubbornly only seems to want to do teletext, which is a completely redundant feature these days. I tried clearing the mapping, but it still only does teletext.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    My Vu+ remotes are in the loft. I will get one later and have a go. I use One4All remotes on all my boxes.

2021-08-19_135834.png

Title
    Thanks
    My Vu+ remotes are in the loft. I will get one later and have a go. I use One4All remotes on all my boxes.
    Thanks for that, much appreciated.
    Last edited by mitchelln; 19-08-21 at 14:24.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Try the epg button when info is an option, that's all I use.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You're right, it appears to map event info to the teletext button but it still opens teletext when you exit.
    That's probably why I used the help button.

Mine is mapped to the epg translator plugin anyway. If I want event info I just press OK twice.

Title
    Thanks
    You're right, it appears to map event info to the teletext button but it still opens teletext when you exit.
    That's probably why I used the help button.

Mine is mapped to the epg translator plugin anyway. If I want event info I just press OK twice.
    Oh, pressing OK twice produces a perfect result. Thanks for the tip!