Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: reduce picture dimension.

Title
    Thanks

reduce picture dimension.

After a few attempts I have managed to get Openvix up and running. When it was loading up initially there were configuration options ie. internet setup, picture dimension etc. Is there away to get back to this menu without starting from scratch? I need to reduce the size of the display as it beyond the edge of the screen.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    First check you don't have overscan enabled on the TV screen.

To actually return to the initial setup do
    Menu / Setup / System / Factory Reset
    Set Full Factory Reset to Yes.
    Press Green.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokenUnusableAccount For This Useful Post:

CarworldHQ (16-08-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CarworldHQ View Post
    After a few attempts I have managed to get Openvix up and running. When it was loading up initially there were configuration options ie. internet setup, picture dimension etc. Is there away to get back to this menu without starting from scratch? I need to reduce the size of the display as it beyond the edge of the screen.
    If you mean the position of the menus then
    Menu ->setup.> user interface > skin setup > osd position

The usual advice is to turn off the overscan on your TV rtaher than adust the position on the box.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

CarworldHQ (16-08-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The TV is the problem. Most HD sets allow you to turn off overscan to view the picture 1:1
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

CarworldHQ (16-08-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    on all TVs I have/had it was in the picture settings of the TV where you can select between 16:9, wide screen, just scan and so on. One of these options should be able to show the complete picture.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

CarworldHQ (16-08-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you for all your replies especially to BefuddledBrian. I am using an early Panasonic TV. This tv does not have the option to toggle overscan. Therefore my only choice was to reset.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Most probably called something different on your tv.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    If it is a "HD Ready" display or old plasma model it probably doesn't have the feature (although it is called various things and invariably hidden deep in menus).

There is no need for a factory reset - MENU->SETUP->USER INTERFACE->SKIN SETUP->OSD Position
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It does sound like OSD was not setup from scratch.