Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Possibly malfunctioning h7s

  1. #31

    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
    I had found how to prioritise a swap and implemented that by changing the fstab entry to
    Code:
    /media/usb/swapfile swap swap pri=0 0 0
    It is now using the USB swap at boot but still creating the MMC swap and adding that to the swap pool. It's too early to tell if the box is performing any better.

    Code:
    root@zgemmah7:~# cat /proc/swaps
    Filename                                Type            Size    Used    Priority
    /dev/mmcblk0p7                          partition       262140  0       -1
    /media/usb/swapfile                     file            1048572 28      0
    root@zgemmah7:~# free
                   total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:         1027736      915388       33492         204       78856       79556
    Swap:        1310712          28     1310684
    root@zgemmah7:~#
    using new swapmanager, I have attached the log. The GUI is still showing the same as previously
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lincsat; 21-06-22 at 12:31.

  2. #32
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,494
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 2,608 Times in 2,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    I had found how to prioritise a swap and implemented that by changing the fstab entry to
    Code:
    /media/usb/swapfile swap swap pri=0 0 0
    It is now using the USB swap at boot but still creating the MMC swap and adding that to the swap pool. It's too early to tell if the box is performing any better.

    Code:
    root@zgemmah7:~# cat /proc/swaps
    Filename                                Type            Size    Used    Priority
    /dev/mmcblk0p7                          partition       262140  0       -1
    /media/usb/swapfile                     file            1048572 28      0
    root@zgemmah7:~# free
                   total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:         1027736      915388       33492         204       78856       79556
    Swap:        1310712          28     1310684
    root@zgemmah7:~#
    using new swapmanager, I have attached the log. The GUI is still showing the same as previously
    this has been surprisingly a pain the ****, caused by all the error msgs thrown up by the eMMC partitions.
    trying to delete the h7 swap partition (built in the image build) should only disable it...........
    So please try this!! .... Again post debug log and results
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  3. #33

    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
    OK, that's about the same mate.

    Code:
    16:01:56.6122 [SwapManager][StartSwap] Found a SWAP partition:
    16:01:56.6169 [SwapManager][StartSwap] Found a SWAP file on  /media/usb/swapfile
    16:01:56.6178 [SwapManager] SWAP file is already active on  /media/usb/swapfile
    I'm guessing the swap partition is the MMC swap, both swaps are active as before.

    The swap GUI looks the same, again it won't allow me to deactivate or change what it shows from the manufacturer defined
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #34
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,494
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 2,608 Times in 2,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    OK, that's about the same mate.

    Code:
    16:01:56.6122 [SwapManager][StartSwap] Found a SWAP partition:
    16:01:56.6169 [SwapManager][StartSwap] Found a SWAP file on  /media/usb/swapfile
    16:01:56.6178 [SwapManager] SWAP file is already active on  /media/usb/swapfile
    I'm guessing the swap partition is the MMC swap, both swaps are active as before.

    The swap GUI looks the same, again it won't allow me to deactivate or change what it shows from the manufacturer defined
    No - thats better! Now shows both (just not in display) - I need to be able to display both .. or something.
    However I think you will now find only the swap file active
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  5. #35

    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    No - thats better! Now shows both (just not in display) - I need to be able to display both .. or something.
    However I think you will now find only the swap file active
    Both swaps are active mate, without the mod to make the USB a higher priority, it's still using the MMC first

    Code:
    root@zgemmah7:~# cat /proc/swaps
    Filename                                Type            Size    Used    Priority
    /dev/mmcblk0p7                          partition       262140  5020    -1
    /media/usb/swapfile                     file            1048572 0       -2

  6. #36
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,494
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 2,608 Times in 2,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    Both swaps are active mate, without the mod to make the USB a higher priority, it's still using the MMC first

    Code:
    root@zgemmah7:~# cat /proc/swaps
    Filename                                Type            Size    Used    Priority
    /dev/mmcblk0p7                          partition       262140  5020    -1
    /media/usb/swapfile                     file            1048572 0       -2
    OK need to play with this on my gbue4k which has a swap partition also
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  7. #37
    twol's Avatar
    Title
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7,494
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 2,608 Times in 2,000 Posts
    @Lincsat

    So ground rules!
    If there is a image built swap partition , it will show as active at startup. Priority = -1 (default)
    If you then create (blue button)a swap file (I have allocations up to 1024MB at the moment), it will now show up in the swap file list ----- > then activate (green) button and it will be swapped on as priority 10.
    Obviously if you already have setup a swap file, it should appear in the display, and you can deactivate or delete.
    Delete will then show the factory swap, if present - which cannot be deleted.

    Try it - may crash, if so crash logs please!.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

    lincsat (22-06-22)

  9. #38

    Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    590
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 220 Times in 148 Posts
    That appears to be working pretty much as expected. The swap is the cumulative of the machine swap and any generated swap file but as you mentioned, it prioritises the generated swap.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to lincsat For This Useful Post:

    twol (22-06-22)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.