Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: VU+ Duo 4k SE - EPG for KBS World

Title
    Thanks

VU+ Duo 4k SE - EPG for KBS World

Hi all, I'm an old hand with satellite receivers with motorised positioners going back to the D2mac days, and have for the past few years run DVBLink/TVMosaic and Emby on Win10 servers. As part of that I wanted the epg for KBS World (Korean channel on 13E), and managed to sort it with iptv-epg.com - TVMosaic and Emby can both use my subscription to this site to download the epg. Happy wife.

Now I have a new Duo 4k SE from the sponsor with the latest Vix installed and KBS on 13E doesn't have an epg.

The receiver is set up with two FBC S2 cards (one in each slot). Two tuners are connected to my dual 28.2E cables, one to a fixed 13E dish, and the final tuner will be connected to my 1m motorised dish when I have the other parts sorted out. I have added the VU+ usb T2 receiver as well.

My question is, can I get the epg for KBS World using the Enigma2/Vix tools ? If not, is there a way that i can utilise my existing iptv-epg.com epg ? I note that iptv-epg.com has an "Enigma2" download, but would prefer to set up an automated download rather than using command line downloads every week.

I've had a week of searching but am just getting more confused

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes you can get the epg for KBS World on Openvix.

Firstly you will need to use the Epg-Importer plugin - install it from the feeds if it is not already installed. You will need to configure the plugin (you can automate it to do daily downloads). You will need to enable the correct data source - its in the RYTEC General XMLTV group and called News Channels. It gives you around 5 days of epg data.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (10-08-21),Traction Tim (11-08-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Wow, that works :-)

Thank you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Traction Tim For This Useful Post:

ronand (11-08-21)