Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help to find a new receiver

Title
    Thanks

Help to find a new receiver

Hi Guys

I am looking for a new digital receiver. One that uses two legacy cables from my dish.

Would the use of my TV Ariel be another option?

4K 2160 etc.

Advice and help please

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Not too many boxes have 2 sat tuners and a terrestrial tuner unless you want to pay silly money. I have a Zgemma H7S. It has 2 satellite tuners and 1 for terrestrial. Its fast, does 4K and takes an internal HDD and doesn't break the bank.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...mma/zgemma-h7s
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Yes, H7, 2 x DVB-S2 and 1 DVB-T2. Internal hdd.

I also really like the Edision Mio 4k plus. https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...o-plus-4k-grey
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I love my new Octagon SF8008, Twin 4k Sat tuner. Really quick processor and multiboot. No internal HD but hey whats wrong with recording to SD slot, and internal HD tends to produce heat anyway.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    sf8008, twin sat tuner and no terrestrial... or... one terrestrial and one satellite.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoe View Post
    No internal HD but hey whats wrong with recording to SD slot, and internal HD tends to produce heat anyway.
    Each to their own. Much better use an external hdd than an SD card. These days with FHD channels and 4K, 1 TB would be a good bottom limit. I have not had any heat problems with any of my internal drives. Boxes that take internal hard drives are pretty well ventilated, whereas many that don't, don't even have a cooling fan.

H7 has to be best value for money.

Title
    Thanks
    Much better use an external hdd than an SD card
    I myself use two Netac 256G thumb USB 3.0 drives that are shared via CIFS, they are plugged into my Asus AC-87U router and work great as network recordable drives.
    As you say it is personal preference... I prefer a more mini box with no fan..