Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help setting up usals on Amiko A6 combo

Title
    Thanks

Help setting up usals on Amiko A6 combo

Hello,

Hope someone can help.

I upgraded an old SD Technomate box with motorised dish, to the Amiko A6 combo hybrid box.

I’m trying to setup USALS, and have entered my location as 0E 51.4N. My location is Greenwich.

When tuning a satellite, it either finds no channels, or the wrong channels for that satellite position. I checked and the dish does move.

What are the steps in order to get USALs working on this box?

The dish is around 80cm, I think, with a single LNB.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi. I am no expert but I will try to help.
    You need also to set the latitude to your location... in your case try 0degW
    Then you need to set your dish to the centre of the arc first ie 0.8W which is almost due south (check with compass) and manually try to adjust dish until you get any signal on that Satellite (use signal finder or positioner setup in tuner setup in VIX software to maximise signal).
    This is then approximately the base of the dish arc so that any movement E or W from 0.8W represents a deviation from that centre point.
    From that point try to change satellites that are near (ie 4.8e or 5W) and check that you have signal and return to 0.8w and manually adjust your centre start point until you can sweep to further out satellites (ie 19e or 30w), whilst still maintaining and adjusting your centre point at 0.8W

I have found this bit is trial and error.
    Maybe others more experienced can offer better advice.
    Last edited by johnhoe; 18-07-21 at 09:18.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by bilh12 View Post
    I upgraded an old SD Technomate box with motorised dish, to the Amiko A6 combo hybrid box.
    I don't think I can help much but to clarify:

Was the motorised dish working properly with the old box immediately before the upgrade?

Title
    Thanks
    The dish still works with the Technomate, which I still have.