Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Problem still with Usals dish movement in Vix 5.5.14.4

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Problem still with Usals dish movement in Vix 5.5.14.4

Title
    Thanks

Problem still with Usals dish movement in Vix 5.5.14.4

There has possibly been a bug for a while in VIX images that I have commented on before and still seems to be present in the experimental Python 3 image
    (5.5.14.4) which is I believe the latest.
    I have a USALS setup using a large dish (1M) and a Technomate TM2600 motor.
    When I use a non-VIX image I have no problem in freely moving between satellites. IE From 23.5e to 1w and even 27.5w or 30w back to 42e.
    The VIX image including the latest experimental image starts off working correctly (ie within the first day or so from reboot) but after that it eventually seems to incorrectly move between satellites and although it always works on 23.5e it then cannot move to eg 1w. When I go into setup/tuners and scanning/positioner setup/limits/remove limits this restores function and the motor then works normally for another period of time.

It may be that this limits option is part of what seems to be going wrong. Can anyone else with a motorised dish reproduce this?
    Last edited by johnhoe; 14-07-21 at 08:07.

Title
    Thanks
    Since no-one except me seems to have the problem and I have just found my other non-vix images starting to do doing the same, I think I can assume this may be a characteristic of the dish/motor/box combination. I note on other websites they refer to some (early) Zgemma boxes as having a problem with supplying enough power to the dish in USALS and this may be the same type of problem. If I "wiggle" the dish using the setup/positioner/movement menu then all is restored to normal and I am using a steel 1m dish which is quite heavy.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    You could try moving between horizontal transponders on different satellites to see if the Zgemma box has an issue. When I first bought my AX61, it wouldn't move between satellites unless the first transponder was horizontal. The dish would start to move but then stop after a couple of seconds if the target transponder was vertical. Sorted out pretty quickly with a driver update.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe, but I actually found an unexpected solution to this problem. sorry should have said it's my old Edision OSmega box we are talking about.
    The OSmega is about 6 years old now and has clearly developed a fault when you use tuner B (It has 3 tuners). When I move the motorised dish to Tuner C, the fault disappears and again I have perfect satellite movement.
    So it is clear... this is NOT a bug in VIX software (or a software matter) it seems to be a hardware fault in my trusty (but old box) the Edision Osmega when using Tuner B which I have since disabled. I am grateful that I haven't really been using Tuner C as it was configured to use DVB-T (Terrestrial Aerial channels) and my aerial signal no longer works. Thus a solution has been found! Great! I love my Edision Osmega despite the fact it's limited in memory, flash and its not 4K like modern boxes!!
    Last edited by johnhoe; 18-07-21 at 08:26.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to johnhoe For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (18-07-21),el bandido (18-07-21),Joe_90 (18-07-21),Tkr001 (19-07-21),twol (18-07-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Always great to have feedback and a solution - nothing worse than people forgetting to post a resolution
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K