Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 1.8m dish recomandation

Title
    Thanks

1.8m dish recomandation

Hello, I'm looking for a new, 1.8 or 2m 1-piece, aluminium, prime focus dish. Not interested in fiber glass dishes. My preferences are going to professional antennas, so I'm evaluating something built by the english company Elite-antenna. Anyone tested that dishes? If not, any other recomandation for such product please? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,924 Times in 3,259 Posts
    I've got a Famaval 1.8m fixed, and a Marafa 1.8m motorised. Both are great.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Clemente (11-07-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Well, I tried a Famaval some years ago but it worked well only with its own feedhorn. Testing the dish using alternative feedhorns I was not able to get the exact focal point, and I had many interferences from nearly located satellites (antenna side lobes too high). I never tested Marafa, where can I find them? Thank you.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,924 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemente View Post
    Well, I tried a Famaval some years ago but it worked well only with its own feedhorn. Testing the dish using alternative feedhorns I was not able to get the exact focal point, and I had many interferences from nearly located satellites (antenna side lobes too high). I never tested Marafa, where can I find them? Thank you.
    I really have no clue what you are talking about. I work with these dishes every day and they work well. If you are receiving interference from adjacent satellites it most likely means the dish is bent.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    After 3 weeks of intensive search, I understand that few prime focus dishes are available now, and SMC seems the preferred building material for most manufacturers.... So, maybe I must change my initial project, dropping aluminium and prime focus options. But there is an important point not so clear to me. Can be offset dishes installed on a common polar mount? Or a specific polar mount is needed due to different offset angle? I found good 2.4m dishes like CPI (ex Prodelin) or Skyware (ex Raven and Channel Master), but I do not know if a particular motorised mount is required. I want inclined orbit option, so 2 actuators are required. I just made such installation many times but only with prime focus dishes, never with offset dishes. Any advice? Thank you.