Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo SE ESB dvb-T No Driver

Title
    Thanks

Turbo SE ESB dvb-T No Driver

VU+ Solo2 Just bought a VU+ Turbo SE DVB-T to add DTV to my box. Neither of the two VU Turbo drivers in plugins bring up the USB-T in tuner section. Is there an alternative plugin driver I should be using?

Thanks

Peter

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... deleted.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The T330 drivers MAY work.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    The T330 drivers MAY work.
    Thanks

Tried that...it now at least shows tuner C DVB_T but even a full scan does not find any digital terrestrial (Saorview) channels.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are you sure the antenna is working? Also what is the tuner configuration.
    Last edited by ronand; 03-07-21 at 14:41.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Is this the tuner?

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...Tuner-DVB-C-T2

There's also a Turbo2 version, if you can see both drivers in plugin/drivers dowloads, I'd have thought one of them would work.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No the SE is a usb stick type device - no support from VU for drivers unfortunately

Title
    Thanks
    antenna works fine when connected to smart tv! This is the tuner https://www.amazon.co.uk/VU-Turbo-Co.../dp/B08CXM45ST and DVB-T selected

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Just send it back. These things are nothing but trouble. I'm not even sure if they are from VU+. An xbox tuner or a cheap RTL-SDR dongle will work fine.

If you want the official VU tuner then it is available from the sponsors shop https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...Tuner-DVB-C-T2
    Last edited by ronand; 03-07-21 at 15:14.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pedronomix View Post
    Thanks

Tried that...it now at least shows tuner C DVB_T but even a full scan does not find any digital terrestrial (Saorview) channels.
    Can you try setting it up correctly for your area?

Title
    Thanks
    have tried all Ireland and local settings but to no avail. I have the box style Turbo on my Solo2 at home and it works just fine

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Try the dvb-usb-dvbsky-classic driver

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,052 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pedronomix View Post
    VU+ Solo2 Just bought a VU+ Turbo SE DVB-T to add DTV to my box. Neither of the two VU Turbo drivers in plugins bring up the USB-T in tuner section. Is there an alternative plugin driver I should be using?

Thanks

Peter
    This tuner is not actually manufactured by VU+, its branded VU+ by VU+'s German distributor.

You'd have been better with an Official VU+ tuner: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...Tuner-DVB-C-T2
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Just send it back. These things are nothing but trouble. I'm not even sure if they are from VU+. An xbox tuner or a cheap RTL-SDR dongle will work fine.

If you want the official VU tuner then it is available from the sponsors shop https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...Tuner-DVB-C-T2
    Hi Ronand, you said in your post that an xbox tuner works ok in a solo2. Have just bought one and cannot get the box to see it. I've downloaded two drivers dvb-usb-dib700 and dvb-usb-mn8847x and rebooted so is there anything else I need to do? Thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've never tried one but there have been various reports of them working https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post501863 and others in that thread.

I have used several different RTL-SDR dongles on a solo2 in the past and they did work fine.

When you say "reboot" was that a full reboot or just the GUI?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

spanner123 (08-07-21)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast