Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog147 View Post
    Thanks guys for explained.

Will save up for 2 x Zgemma H7S boxes so I will use one box from my aerial and other box for satellite with both HDMI to my TV
    The box supports Freeview channels (terrestrial) and Freesat channels (Satellite) at the same time so you can split your aerial signal and use the third tuner input on the boxes you have allocated for satellite. This gives you 3 tuners which can all be used at the same time for watching or recording.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok will order 1 box then! But does EPG get confused layout with same aerial and satellite all mixed up?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can set it up whatever way you want - you can keep your freeview channels apart from the freesat variants. Its a good little box and one of the few budget 4k boxes that can take an internal hard drive which is a bonus.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (08-06-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok will order 1 box then! But does EPG get confused layout with same aerial and satellite all mixed up?
    I have a box with both types of tuner. I have a channel list (bouquet) for Freeview and a separate channel list for Freesat. Each has its own 7 day over the air EPG. The box doesn’t get confused by the two sources of broadcast information. If I ask the box to record from BBC1 Freeview it will record from the aerial source and not from satellite and visa versa.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (08-06-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    You can set it up whatever way you want - you can keep your freeview channels apart from the freesat variants. Its a good little box and one of the few budget 4k boxes that can take an internal hard drive which is a bonus.
    Which image do u use and do I need any plugin to download for extra features. As I used autobouqest for satellite on my old zgemma h2h (single tuner) with usb recording but it very old box now (I use openatv)
    Last edited by bulldog147; 08-06-21 at 21:13.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    I have a box with both types of tuner. I have a channel list (bouquet) for Freeview and a separate channel list for Freesat. Each has its own 7 day over the air EPG. The box doesn’t get confused by the two sources of broadcast information. If I ask the box to record from BBC1 Freeview it will record from the aerial source and not from satellite and visa versa.
    That's great to hear that

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Possibly more users here are on Openvix as its more supported on this forum.
    Any box i can use Openvix on i will.

You cant run 2 same boxes on tv unless you want a war as remote will be sending signals to both boxes but could run another make.
    As said 1 box is all you need and a big internal hdd for recordings.

Title
    Thanks
    All done. Just ordered Zgemma box

Zgemma H9 Twin 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X
    - Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (£1.00 charge): OpenViX (Latest)

Thanks guys for help me out.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    All done. Just ordered Zgemma box

Zgemma H9 Twin 4K UHD 2x DVB-S2X
    - Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options (£1.00 charge): OpenViX (Latest)

Thanks guys for help me out.
    You was asking about a box with 2 satellite tuners and 1 terestrail tuner but you have ordered a box with just 2 satellite tuners.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I decided go for 2 satellite tuners with HDD that fine by me. I just use freeview HD on Samsung and LG TV with USB Memory Stick to recorded one each tv. lol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    And no hdd for recordings?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    And no hdd for recordings?
    I think post #25 suggests he has included one.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes I decided go for 2 satellite tuners with HDD that fine by me. I just use freeview HD on Samsung and LG TV with USB Memory Stick to recorded one each tv. lol
    No need as I got 2.5'' HDD 750GB as I will use that for this box. Does it formatted itself or do I have to formatted via partitionmagic @ NTFS before put into this box?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bulldog147 For This Useful Post:

cactikid (09-06-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No need as I got 2.5'' HDD 750GB as I will use that for this box. Does it formatted itself or do I have to formatted via partitionmagic @ NTFS before put into this box?
    The box will format it via a menu item to Ext3/4. If you want NTFS then you may have to install a NTFS driver
    on the box.

Title
    Thanks
    Can you tell me how to do series link auto detect if I choose to recorded soaps eg: Emmerdale mon to fri? Because on Humax I press record and ask me do you want to record ITV SD or ITV HD, then I click ITV HD and then it asked next one do you want to record single or record series link and I click series link and it will record itself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast