Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    The box will format it via a menu item to Ext3/4. If you want NTFS then you may have to install a NTFS driver
    on the box.
    Ext3/4 will be fine as I am using Linux Mint on PC. It can see any ext3/4 if any recorded copy onto pc from Zgemma using FireZilla

Title
    Thanks
    Got the box today, all working with SSD (7") as my HDD is too thick (9") won't fit slot in.

I was wondering whether if I set a programme on auto-timer, will the auto-timer also detect changes, for instance, unexpected news bulletin interruptions. Would the auto-timer take care of the "new end time" of the programme? If this is not possible, is there a plug-in for this? Thank you for your help. PS. I am using a new H9 Twin tuner Zgemma receiver (just arrived today!)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Autotimer adjusts times when the epg reflects them. I'm not sure how you're getting epg schedules.

Autotimer only runs periodically, you can set this to a value that suits you. The more often you run it the better the chance of spotting changes, but it shouldn't be run too often.

Mine runs every 25 minutes, but that is probably more frequent than most people choose.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry I mean 7mm SSD not 7" lol

Title
    Thanks
    What is the default password for this box for firezilla via ftp as I know the username are root but it kept saying Response: 331 Please specify the password.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You need to set a password before you can use Filezilla.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post503909

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (10-06-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Autotimer adjusts times when the epg reflects them. I'm not sure how you're getting epg schedules.

Autotimer only runs periodically, you can set this to a value that suits you. The more often you run it the better the chance of spotting changes, but it shouldn't be run too often.

Mine runs every 25 minutes, but that is probably more frequent than most people choose.
    Also it's no good re-running Autotimer unless your EPG might actually have updated.
    I believe that by default the EPG is only updated by OpenTV Zapper every 6 hours, though there are other possible ways of doing it, particularly if you only use the Freesat channels.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... freeview is constantly updating the epg, even changes in schedules, that's why I run autotimer more often than most.

I'm sure there are sat channels which absorb the epg data in the same way, but someone else needs to confirm which ones.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    .... freeview is constantly updating the epg, even changes in schedules, that's why I run autotimer more often than most.

I'm sure there are sat channels which absorb the epg data in the same way, but someone else needs to confirm which ones.
    If you are on 28.2E and have the Freesat reader enabled (instead of (or running as well as) the OpenTV zapper), then the EPG schedule data will update if you are tuned to any of the channels in the Freesat bouquet. If you are tuned to BBC, then the entire Freesat EPG will download in about 10-15 minutes. If you have it enabled, the OpenTV zapper polls on whatever frequency you set it to (default 6 hours). Not really recommended to be using multiple EPG sources for the one satellite, though, as it can mess up the EPG layout if schedule times conflict.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

ccs (11-06-21)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123