Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

Does this box https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/zgemma-h7s support watch 1 channel and record other two different channels at the same time from my freesat dish with two cable feed? Replaced my faulty Humax Foxsat HDR

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You can watch one & record another on different transponders. This is a combo tuner which has one Terrestrial (Freeview) feed and a twin Satellite (Freesat) feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (07-06-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Am I better off with this one? https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...zgemma-h9-twin (just for freesat only) but recording both different channels at the same time while watch third channel similiar to Humax?

Title
    Thanks
    Unfortunately that is just a twin satellite setup, so you can watch one and record another on a different transponder.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (07-06-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok can I recorded both channels at the same time without watching any other channel?

What about the VU+ uno 4K SE? Is this box better than Zgemma? https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...e-fbc-dvb-s-s2
    Last edited by bulldog147; 07-06-21 at 21:33.

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma H7S 4K UHD

You would be best investing in a box with FBC tuners, then if you changed the LNB on your dish to a Unicable II type one then that gives you better recoding options.

Something like this you’d be better off with, Vu+ are overpriced imo.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...blue-uhd-ue-4k

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (07-06-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Any idea where can I find the right LNB for Unicable II type for two feed cable?

What about VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin DVB-T/T2 Terrestrial Tuner
    Linux Enigma 2 PVR Receiver UHD 2160p?

Does Terrestrial Tuner can recording up to 8 channels from normal digital aerial?
    Last edited by bulldog147; 07-06-21 at 21:55.

Title
    Thanks
    This is a Unicable II LNB which has 3 legacy ports. You only need one feed (cable from the Unicable port to the receiver which has FBC tuner(s).

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...e-lnb-3-legacy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (07-06-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog147 View Post
    Any idea where can I find the right LNB for Unicable II type for two feed cable?

What about VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin DVB-T/T2 Terrestrial Tuner
    Linux Enigma 2 PVR Receiver UHD 2160p?

Does Terrestrial Tuner can recording up to 8 channels from normal digital aerial?
    That is just a traditional twin terrestrial tuner, they don’t do FBC tuners for Terrestrial.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (07-06-21)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    A twin terrestrial tuner can record 2 different mux's at the same time.

Bear in mind that bbc1 hd, bbc2 hd, itv hd, ch4 hd and ch5 hd (and others) are all on the same mux, so can all be recorded at the same time.

(This applies to the transmitter I use.)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (07-06-21)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Does this box https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/zgemma-h7s support watch 1 channel and record other two different channels at the same time from my freesat dish with two cable feed? Replaced my faulty Humax Foxsat HDR
    With TWO Satellite tuners you can watch and record accross TWO transponders.

For example BBC Channels could be on one and ITV channels on another. Depending what you are watching and recording you could watch and record more than 3 channels.

The H7S also has a Terrestrial Freeview HD tuner for a TV Antenna, so you could also watch and record from that tuner.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (08-06-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    + you hava an advantage if recording on all 3 tuners at once you can view recordings from your hdd at the same time.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (08-06-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Ok can I recorded both channels at the same time without watching any other channel?
    In general it’s the same concept as the Humax you have.

With 2 tuners, each can tune into a different transponder. Each transponder has a number of TV channels. So, if you want to record two programs on different transponders then both tuners will be used and so you cannot watch something on another transponder at the same time (because you now have no free tuners).

However you can record two programs on different transponders and watch something that you have previously recorded at the same time or record two programs on different transponders and watch something also carried on either of the transponders being recorded.

As mentioned above, each transponder carries a number of TV channels so, say, if the transponder carries 4 TV channels and 4 radio channel you could record all 4 TV channels and all 4 radio channels at the same time. In this case the box would only be using 1 tuner and there is also a free tuner to allow you to watch something else on another transponder OR allowing you to record everything on that transponder (and whilst watching a previously recorded program. These boxes are not limited to recording 2 at the same time - you could record at least 8 HD programs at the same time. The limitation is not the recording mechanism but the number of tuners being used at the same time.

A Humax box allows you to record 2 and watch 1 but it has the same limitation about tuners. If a Humax box is using 2 tuners to tune into two different transponders for recording the only things that you can watch at the same time have to be on the same transponders.

This is the same with Freeview terrestrial boxes. In the UK all the TV/radio channels are typically carried on 6 MUXs. A tuner can only tune into 1 MUX at a time so with 2 tuners the box can tune into 2 different MUXs. If the 2 programs you want to record are on the same MUX only 1 tuner is needed leaving 1 free to allow you to watch anything else. A Humax box is limited to recording only 2 programs but an Enigna2 box running Openvix doesn’t have this limitation and will allow you to record everything on those two MUXs at the same time (maybe 16 TV channels – but unlikely to be carrying anything of interest at the same time)
    Last edited by adm; 08-06-21 at 10:18.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (08-06-21),bulldog147 (08-06-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys for explained.

Will save up for 2 x Zgemma H7S boxes so I will use one box from my aerial and other box for satellite with both HDMI to my TV

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    2 boxes on 1 tv? The H7S has 2 satellite tuners as well as another for your aerial (and all can be used at the same time for recording etc)
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

bulldog147 (08-06-21)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast