Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Gigablue UHD 4K UE Freeze and 3 FBC Tuners missing

Title
    Thanks

Gigablue UHD 4K UE Freeze and 3 FBC Tuners missing

Hi Guys!!

I'm getting crazy with my Box:

Model: GigaBlue UHD 4K UE
    OpenVIX: 5.3.039

Symptom: Box keeps freezing sometimes during recording and watching at the same time. A brand new 2TB Seagate Barracuda has been installed right last week to eliminate a doubt about a defect HDD. There only few plugins installed as you can see from the attached images. Sometimes it freezes also during recording only at night or during the epgrefresh scan during the day (no live watching).
    Another problem is the fact that it recognizes 5 of 8 of the FBC Tuners. We are using DVB-C with Kabel Deutschland.

We can't update to OpenVIX 5.4 due the fact the plugin MovieBrowser will not work with the new Python 3. Unfortunately the developer has passed the way few years ago and no alternative is available (don't understand why, MovieBrowser is sooo cool)

Any idea? I'm thinking to swap over to a Vu+ system if this freezing issue can't be resolved.

Thanks!
    -Relaxi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxibus View Post
    Hi Guys!!

I'm getting crazy with my Box:

Model: GigaBlue UHD 4K UE
    OpenVIX: 5.3.039

Symptom: Box keeps freezing sometimes during recording and watching at the same time. A brand new 2TB Seagate Barracuda has been installed right last week to eliminate a doubt about a defect HDD. There only few plugins installed as you can see from the attached images. Sometimes it freezes also during recording only at night or during the epgrefresh scan during the day (no live watching).
    Another problem is the fact that it recognizes 5 of 8 of the FBC Tuners. We are using DVB-C with Kabel Deutschland.

We can't update to OpenVIX 5.4 due the fact the plugin MovieBrowser will not work with the new Python 3. Unfortunately the developer has passed the way few years ago and no alternative is available (don't understand why, MovieBrowser is sooo cool)

Any idea? I'm thinking to swap over to a Vu+ system if this freezing issue can't be resolved.

Thanks!
    -Relaxi
    1. "We can't update to OpenVIX 5.4 due the fact the plugin MovieBrowser will not work with the new Python 3"
    OpenViX 5.4 is still python2 (there is a python3 version but not available as a general release) so if MovieBrowser has issues (I have no idea as I don't use it) then its a general issue

2. Movieplayer is not available on any of teh python3 feeds (ViX or ATV) so at some stage unless changes are made you will have to change.

3. I haven't used Kabel Deutschland (I just use Sat in Germany and DSL through Telekom) but are you using a card (CI+ or ??) and if so how is this setup?

4. I am assuming that Vu+ use the same Broadcom 3128 tuner, so moving will not necessarily change the issue and I know other people are using this tuner OK.

5There have been a lot of changes in configuration setup for FBC tuners in recent months that may have fixed any issue so I would first upgrade to latest OpenViX 5.4 and lets try and fix any tuner issues..... then look at MoviePlayer or alternatives
    Last edited by twol; 03-06-21 at 13:31.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for the feedback.

1) Hmm... then there must be another major change that makes MovieBrowser stop working properly with 5.4.
    2) MovieBrowser development has been stoped to the death of the developer
    3) I use SoftCam with a original KD Smart Card. OScam-emu. Do you need more detailed infos?
    4) I sent the same screenshot to GigaBlue to get an answer about the missing tuners. I never have found any forum entry with a similar issue. Even with 5.4 I had only 5 out of 8 tuners.
    5) My wife kills me if MovieBrower will not work ;-) Unfortunately there is no equal alternative. Should be part of the ViX image as for my personal feeling, ViX is really the most nicest and user friendly image (aber über Geschmack lässt sich ja streiten). As an example, moving movie files from the old to the new HDD, just select the folder, copy and paste. Most of the other images need a file browser, FTP, etc. The only missing feature is a a tool like MovieBrowser :-)

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    I am no way an Osam expert but feel that this may be part of the issue - so lets first focus on the 2 areas OScam & number of available FCB tuners.

1. please give more info on card type (I am guessing that from vodafonekabelforum.de its a G02 or G09?), which Oscam (!) and also the configs (unless you are convinced that is not the issue) - probably will not mean a lot to me but maybe somebody else.
    2. probably worth looking at the Oscam log to see if errors are showing (receiver url:8080 or if different will be in the Oscam conf file
    3. Can you backup your settings (ViX BackupManager) and (as you have a multiboot receiver) flash the latest OpenViX image into another slot, do not restore settings when asked, but setup the tuner from scratch and post what you see ... do you still only see 5 tuners?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry for the delay! I sent now the box back to Impex-Sat so they will check regarding the 5 Tuners out of 8. Will keep you updated how is going :-)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Is there anywhere we can see the source code for this plugin?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    @relaxibus - As a matter of interest, why is MovieBrowser "sooo cool" ?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    @relaxibus - As a matter of interest, why is MovieBrowser "sooo cool" ?
    Anything that keeps the missus quiet is cool.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi and sorry for the delay!
    I got my box ba k from impexsat and they tested it only with their Team image, and it seems all is working as expected including all 8 tuners available. I still keep to have freezings some time and it feels that the channle Servus TV Deutschland freezes. This is only a feeling but will keep an eye on this theory. Could it a OSCAM issue?

Why Movie Browser is sooo coool? It is beautyfull from an UI point of view how to select movies, very easy to use. All what I have seen available beside Movie Browser is ugly and not user friendly. The source code is not available, the developer dies years ago. But you can download the plug in and take a look into the python files, it is understandable even if compiled.

The main problem now is the IMDB has stoppen working and Movie Browser on some movies says TMBD API can’t contact the server. But not on all movies. Strange....

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxibus View Post
    The main problem now is the IMDB has stoppen working and Movie Browser on some movies says TMBD API can’t contact the server. But not on all movies. Strange....
    IMDB broke recently in one of the recent OpenVix 5.4 images - due changes at IMDB
    Background and fix for Openvix
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...MDb-No-details
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)