Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astra 2 Frequency changes

Title
    Thanks

Astra 2 Frequency changes

Hello itv 2 and 3 have changed frequencies and they need updating on ABM I updated the xml file and rescanned still on old frequency any help would be appreciated

BrokenUnusableAccount

Yes I find it hard sometimes to get changes to come though, so to speak.

After you've updated your satellite XML, ABM provider file(s) and rescanned ABM try switching back and forth between different bouquets and/or rebooting the box.

In cases where the provider files have been updated (which I don't think is today) deleting the file /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers/providers.cache before doing the ABM scan can help.
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 27-05-21 at 16:00.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    ABM reads the SI tables on the Freesat or SKY main transponders (for 28.2E) and builds its bouquet lists from there. The ITV2/3/4/Be and CITV transponder changes are already active on the Freesat ABM bouquet (although the EPG is not populated as of when I last looked about 4 hours ago). I suspect you have to wait for the sat providers to finalise their SI tables and EPG data. xml changes only needed if you are manually scanning transponders.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (27-05-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    ABM reads the SI tables on the Freesat or SKY main transponders (for 28.2E) and builds its bouquet lists from there. The ITV2/3/4/Be and CITV transponder changes are already active on the Freesat ABM bouquet (although the EPG is not populated as of when I last looked about 4 hours ago). I suspect you have to wait for the sat providers to finalise their SI tables and EPG data. xml changes only needed if you are manually scanning transponders.
    It's all working perfectly for me since about 1pm today.
    I use Sky provider in ABM, not Freesat.
    It did take some fiddling about (as I described) to get it all working again.

Title
    Thanks
    No fiddling required, really. Just run ABM and it takes care of it. The SKY transponders for ITV2/3/4 have now been changed in the SI table and the transponder frequencies match those in Freesat. The EPG for ITV3 and 4 is complete now. ITV2 is not quite there yet. See screenshot.

By the way, Brian - is ITV2/3/4 on the primary bouquet for SKY (from say 116 onwards)? I can only see them on the secondary bouquet at position 816, 817 etc. I don't normally use the SKY bouquet as I prefer the ordering used in Freesat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    all working again I deleted all bouquets in ABM then used xml update clicked on when it said restart then did a full restart then re scanned using ABM, all channels working now thanks again

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    By the way, Brian - is ITV2/3/4 on the primary bouquet for SKY (from say 116 onwards)? I can only see them on the secondary bouquet at position 816, 817 etc. I don't normally use the SKY bouquet as I prefer the ordering used in Freesat.
    They should be on 118 onwards on SD region HD region will have the HD versions on 118 onwards.
    Last edited by dsayers; 27-05-21 at 16:59.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks @dsayers. I thought that they should be there all right. I'm assuming SKY will get around to updating the tables soon and then ABM will pick up the changes automatically.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanks @dsayers. I thought that they should be there all right. I'm assuming SKY will get around to updating the tables soon and then ABM will pick up the changes automatically.
    What region are you using? I tested both SD and HD region and they show where they should.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    No fiddling required, really. Just run ABM and it takes care of it.
    Not for me.
    I only use the primary bouquets for Sky and Freeview.
    If I am in the Sky bouquet, where I am 99% of the time, and run ABM the Sky Bouquet isn't fixed (or maybe fixed completely?) until I switch to Freeview and back to Sky.
    I have a feeling even rebooting doesn't do it until I switch to Freeview and back to Sky, but maybe I'm wrong?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    ABM does not use satellites.xml or even terrestrial.xml. The ABM xml file does not hold any channel tuning data, just the home frequency. Updates to it are generally swap and boundary changes. The advice people give about updating provider files isn't applicable most of time.

Enigma2 caches bouquets, so you have to select a different bouquet if you want to see updated ABM bouquets or restart/reboot. I usually jump to orbital mode and then back to bouquets.

Also, the reason we ask for debug logs is to save the questions as to which options are being used.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (27-05-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Enigma2 caches bouquets, so you have to select a different bouquet if you want to see updated ABM bouquets or restart/reboot. I usually jump to orbital mode and then back to bouquets.
    Why can't ABM clear the cache?

Orbital mode?

Or to put it another way what are you supposed to do if your only bouquet is the primary Sky bouquet?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    What region are you using? I tested both SD and HD region and they show where they should.
    Using the London custom region. Tried HD and SD. Gap from 117 - 127 inclusive. ITV2/3/4 are on 816/7/8 in the secondary channels for me.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    Why can't ABM clear the cache?

Orbital mode?

Or to put it another way what are you supposed to do if your only bouquet is the primary Sky bouquet?
    Press up ( next to OK), green (satellites/extended). Or restart E2. As an aside, from here you can press menu, delete satellite, then restart. I do this from time to time to delete the dead channels in lamedb.

I don't know why ABM doesn't make Enigma2 reload the bouquets in RAM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Drat I forgot to redo one of my autotimers. Got a couple of zero length recordings from ITV2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast