Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [ZGemma H7S] Play a paused timeshift not working most of the time

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    Some information about the currently viewed channel appears to get lost, or partially lost, after playing a recording.
    If you have your infobar set to show, among other things, the channel number it no longer has access to it after playing a recording and dashes are shown instead.
    (You can stil use CH+ and CH- and either will return things to normal with the channel number showing)
    I noticed that for the first time a few days ago, but never got round to reporting it, I guess it could well be significant when using timeshift.

Title
    Thanks
    Same thing happening here for me. I just decided to give 5.4.014 a whirl (was on 5.3.039). Flashed it to slot 2 and setup my preferred skin. Did a pause on live TV and it paused just fine but the play button does not work to play the paused program :-(

Title
    Thanks
    Can someone point me in the right direction on how to find out whether there is a bug report for this please.

Title
    Thanks
    Not sure if this will help anyone looking into this but I tried to put my H7 to "Deep Sleep" some time after I had been trying to pause then play a timeshift (and after cancelling it and saying "Don't save/Don't record"). I was hit with an error saying "thre are recordings currently running or about to start. I checked my Autotimers and also my Timers and my File List and there were no timers due until 4 hours later and no recordings currently in progress that I could see. I have a suspicion that the ending of the timeshift does not end properly and the system thinks it is still running on those occasions when it is going to refuse to play a timeshift in pause mode. For me, it is not every time but only "sometimes" and I can't pin down on what occasions it will behave and on what occasions it will refuse to start to play again when paused. Other times I can pause/play a timeshift; end the Timeshift and then 10 seconds later I can press pause again and the timeshift kicks back in and plays just fine. Other (seeming random) times it will just pause and not play until I change channels and then it kisks back to life.
    Last edited by smipx; 28-09-21 at 13:37.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    @smipx - I have noticed this issue on occasion. I shut my GB Quad+ into deep standby each night before going to bed. If I have been using timeshift beforehand and saving (or not saving) recordings, then sometimes I will get a message saying that recording are running or about to start. When I check recording schedule there are none due. If I acknowledge the message and shut down, the box will reboot shortly after. A second shut down is successful. I haven't reported it as a bug as I can't replicate it consistently.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Seymour View Post
    Can someone point me in the right direction on how to find out whether there is a bug report for this please.
    It's a known issue, the cause is now understood and a fix is being looked into.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mick Seymour (28-09-21),smipx (29-09-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Just for my info. Where can we see a list of all the outstanding issues/bugs and their status?

Thanks
    Paul

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smipx View Post
    Just for my info. Where can we see a list of all the outstanding issues/bugs and their status?

Thanks
    Paul
    I don't think there is one, I've certainly not seen one.

Try

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...5-4-Change-log
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...5.4/e2-git.log
    http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...5.4/oe-git.log
    Last edited by ccs; 29-09-21 at 11:01.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks CSS.

It's a shame (from my point of view) that there is not a nice list of reported "bugs" that are being worked on / been acknowleged.
    I have come across a few bugs but I don't currently have the time to gather logs and create a post each time (if I am not sure its not already been reported and/or acknowleged).

e.g. one bug I found yesterday was when inside the list of recordings I wanted to change the action of the yellow button to "select" so I could select a bunch of recordings. I made the change in the menu and then next time I went into the movie list the box crashed and kept crashing. No way to remove the "not working assignment" other than to go into the config file, find the offending line and remove the setting. I did this - rebooted and it was fine again. It would take me hours to log that as a problem, try to gather the logs and submit them and then, after all of that effort get someone telling me "it's a known issue and is in the fix list". I just don't have the time but - on the other hand I do want to try and help iron out the bugs.

Another issue was that I was using the MovieOrganizer plugin previously (and it worked very well) but when I installed 5.4.014 I decided to avoid any 3rd party plugins that were not tested and maintained in the Downloads section and instead try to use the built-in "Enable Automatic Collections". Now at the moment I have the list of movies sorted (done by MovieOrganizer) into folders at the top (by the date the folder was created I think) and then individual recordings at the bottom by date (newest at the top of the list of individual files). When I tried to use "collections" the "virtual folders" were interspersed with the individual files and there seemed to be no sort option to make all of the "virtual folders" appear at the top and then individual files by date ascending under them. I just gave up and installed MovieOrganizer manually from an IPK and got back to what I am used to.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ... changing the yellow button to "toggle mark" in movielist crashes 5.4.014 (didn't take long)......

Code:
    12:31:09.7532 [eRCDeviceInputDev] emit: 0
    12:31:09.7601 [InfoBarGenerics] Key: 399 (Break) KeyID='KEY_GREEN' Binding='('GREEN',)'.
    12:31:09.7741 [Trashcan] Debug path /media/hdd/movie/ => /media/hdd/movie/.Trash
    12:31:10.0006 Traceback (most recent call last):
    12:31:10.0008   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 312, in selectionChanged
    12:31:10.0012   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 1063, in updateButtons
    12:31:10.0018 TypeError: can_mark() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
    12:31:10.0019 [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method MovieList.selectionChanged of <Components.MovieList.MovieList object at 0x71aac7d0>>,()) failed)5.4.014

Title
    Thanks
    :-) not if you know what you're doing and do it often. For me it's a mission each time I have to get debug logs etc. Bit of a noob on that :-)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smipx View Post
    :-) not if you know what you're doing and do it often. For me it's a mission each time I have to get debug logs etc. Bit of a noob on that :-)
    Problem is that this software is maintained by unpaid volunteers. If we all decided it took too long to document and submit a bug report potentially nothing would ever get fixed. Easy way is to create a post and ask if it is a known problem. If it isn't then you should take the time to submit logs and any other diagnostic information. We get the software free so we should all try to help out where we can.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tkr001 For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (30-09-21),Mick Seymour (30-09-21),ronand (30-09-21),smipx (30-09-21),Willo3092 (29-09-21)

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    Problem is that this software is maintained by unpaid volunteers. If we all decided it took too long to document and submit a bug report potentially nothing would ever get fixed. Easy way is to create a post and ask if it is a known problem. If it isn't then you should take the time to submit logs and any other diagnostic information. We get the software free so we should all try to help out where we can.
    Hi Tkr001,

I hadn't appreciated or understood that fact so I unreservedly apologise to all the volunteers who work so hard to make OpenVIX.

I will do as you suggest. The idea of a list of already "being worked on" or "acknowleged" bugs/behaviours in a format/place that the "less technical" of us can look at (and have ahope of understanding) is still a good idea though. In some ways it might take the pressure off the hard working volunteers (rather than create more work) and avoid what must be annoying posts about things that are already known about. Sometimes a bug can take many forms and one symptom may not be immediately obvious by trawling through previous posts so it would help on that side too.

Just an idea.

Apologies again,

Paul

16. The Following User Says Thank You to smipx For This Useful Post:

Tkr001 (04-10-21)

Title
    Thanks
    As the OP, I'm very happy that the problem is being looked at and fully understand the devs are volunteers and passionate about what they do. I love my ZGemma with OpenVIX.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mick Seymour For This Useful Post:

smipx (30-09-21)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ... changing the yellow button to "toggle mark" in movielist crashes 5.4.014 (didn't take long)......

Code:
    12:31:09.7532 [eRCDeviceInputDev] emit: 0
    12:31:09.7601 [InfoBarGenerics] Key: 399 (Break) KeyID='KEY_GREEN' Binding='('GREEN',)'.
    12:31:09.7741 [Trashcan] Debug path /media/hdd/movie/ => /media/hdd/movie/.Trash
    12:31:10.0006 Traceback (most recent call last):
    12:31:10.0008   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/MovieList.py", line 312, in selectionChanged
    12:31:10.0012   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/MovieSelection.py", line 1063, in updateButtons
    12:31:10.0018 TypeError: can_mark() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
    12:31:10.0019 [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method MovieList.selectionChanged of <Components.MovieList.MovieList object at 0x71aac7d0>>,()) failed)5.4.014
    Have a go with this:
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/c...cf4faf9043f5ba
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast