Hi,
Re: VU+ Duo 4K se, Vix 5.4.12, SanDisk Extreme Pro 250 Gb usb stick, HDD Seagate 1 Gb (fitted by World of Satellite – no problems).

I am having a problem mounting a usb stick, and have so far used the following method:
Switch off box at rear, insert usb stick into rear slot using 0.5 metre usb extension lead, switch box back on.
Go to Setup/Storage/Initialize Devices. Select USB Extreme Pro/OK/Green (Initialise)
When finished, Setup/Vix/Mount Manager. Select usb/Green (Setup Mounts). Select usb/OK. Select 'Media/usb'/OK/Green (save). Restart box.
Go to Favourites (Grid View) select programme/Green (add timer) and the only location is /media/hdd/movie, (L and R has no effect). Tried mounting to sdb with same result. If I click Blue (Mount) I get message …....Error code 65280 or …..Error code 256 (I have tried several times). There is a constant blue light on usb stick.
I have checked the usb stick on my mac with Paragon extFS which shows just one folder named 'Lost and found' on the stick which is named '/volumes/untitled'. Online forums state: 'By a software FTP or by telnet, create a folder named movie on your usb stick: /media/usb/movie'. Having not the slightest idea what telnet or FTP is please could someone take me step by step if this operation is necessary? Can I add a folder to the stick using Paragon extFS, and if so what do I call it?
Have tried Blackhole 3.1.0, but it changed 'Media/usb to 'Media/hdd', although it did record to the stick.
Please could you reply without highly technical names or abbreviations.
Many thanks,
Mike.