Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: IPTV Setup with E-Channelizer

Title
    Thanks

IPTV Setup with E-Channelizer

I tried to setup IPTV earlier but I wasn't sure how. There are many websites offering paid solutions but, given the comprehensive coverage of channels available and the fairly modest annual charge, I fear that many of these are not legal. Fortunately I had previously setup user favourites (bouquets) for my satellite channels with the aid of E-Channelizer software; the initial software setup was easy but the online "tutorials" are rather sketchy and do not always make the power of the software clear. Setting up free IPTV was easy as all FTA channels are downloaded by the software without me having search out the M3Us. To setup IPTV: from the E-Channelizer opening screen click Read from STB (to read settings from the box!), click: Streams tab > Import M3U to open the FTA IPTV menu. I am presented with the choice of Countries, Categories or Languages from which to setup my IPTV. I chose Countries and clicked Next, after making the choices of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States, I clicked Next again. This generated 5 new filled bouquets named according to the countries originally selected. All that remains to do is write the new settings back to the box using Devices tab > Write. Job done. Most of the numerous channels work well. NOTES: (1) I use the paid-for version of E-Channelizer. There is a free version of the software and also a trial version of the full software. I think the full version is required for IPTV setup but you can trial the full version. (2) After writing back to the box, I found that my satellite database is affected (can no longer carry out a new scan) but this is easily rectified directly from my STB (Vu+ Zero4K) as follows: Menu > Setup > Tuners & Scanning > XML Update. The screen shows Source: OE-Alliance, Fetch: Satellite, Save To: /etc/tuxbox (default); clicking Green (Fetch) followed by Yes causes the user interface to restart and all is sorted. [Perhaps I could avoid this step if I understood E-Channelizer better; does anyone know the answer?].

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In case you are not aware of it, for easy IPTV setup just use JediMakerExtreme. It should be in plugin downloads.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spanner123 For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (24-05-21)