Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 sat , twin tuner receiver set up

Title
    Thanks

3 sat , twin tuner receiver set up

hi,

im tryin to make this set up work :

twin lnb for hotbird & astra 1 + 1 lnb for astra 2 -----> 2 cables out to twin sat receiver , doing this basically to watch 1 channel and record from another one at the same time ,and can chose from 3 different satellites.

the twin lnb for astra + hotbird has diseq integrated , do i need 2 cables coming out of it or is 1 enough

could you please tell me what diseq switch should i go for as most available online have only 1 cable out.

what is the right set up to get this to work
    thanks

diseq switch.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    >the twin lnb for astra + hotbird has diseq integrated,
    This is called a monoblock LNB

You will need two diseqc swithes. Each diseqc switch will need a wire from the 28.2. LNB as well as the monoblock LNB. So to answer this question "do i need 2 cables coming out of it or is 1 enough", the answer is two.
    A wire will go from each diseqc switch to each tuner.

You will then have to configure each tuner as advanced and then use committed/non-committed options.

Most people would have not used monoblock LNBs and would have used three separate LNBs instead. You would still need two diseqc switches but won't need to use the committed/non-committed configuration.

Bear in mind that if the tuner/switch is locked/using a position, the other satellites won't be available.

Title
    Thanks
    I presume that you are the same person asking "need to connect 3 satellites to 3 outputs" on another forum. In the thread mention was made of a TV having a satellite tuner. In that case, best to abandon the monblock setup.

What satellite receiver do you have? If it is a Vu+, post a screenshot/picture of Menu > Information > Devices

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Or, use a t-piece. i.e. join port 1 and 2 of a standard 1.0 switch and the monoblock. Connect the third LNB to port 3 or 4 of the switch. And in tuner setup set DiSEqC repeats for the monoblock to 1.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    abu baniaz yes its me from another forum didn't get an answer there so i came here, i have thought to simplify what i want by just connecting my xtrend to 3 satellites and not connecting the tv too so is not 3 out anymore just 2 now.

Huevos ; i will try your suggestion as it involves 1 diseq switch only, if not successful i will get a second one like abu baniaz mentioned.

thanks everyone for your help

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gama7 View Post
    abu baniaz yes its me from another forum didn't get an answer there so i came here, i have thought to simplify what i want by just connecting my xtrend to 3 satellites and not connecting the tv too so is not 3 out anymore just 2 now.

Huevos ; i will try your suggestion as it involves 1 diseq switch only, if not successful i will get a second one like abu baniaz mentioned.

thanks everyone for your help
    You don't need 2 switches. The monoblock already contains a DiSEqC 1.0 switch. Abu suggested a 1.1 switch (uncommited) so the 2 don't interfere. But they are expensive which is why I suggested a 1.0.

A decent 4 port DiSEqC 1.1 switch is going to cost you best part of 50€ once you have paid for shipping. So you might be better off dumping the monoblock and switching to a 3 lnb setup.
    Last edited by Huevos; 13-05-21 at 19:45.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks

what diseq

now we r going back to square zero, as i have a monoblock lnb i'm trying to find a set up that works with it without me having to ditch it and getting two more new lnbs.

could you please post a link from any online source to the diseq switch you meant, to help me understand better, as i don't know the difference between them therefor don't know which one is right for me, the diseq switches i see online all seem to have only 1 out option, does this mean this cable alone will suffice for 2 tuner/devices or even more !

if it all gets too complicated for me and i will go for 3 lnb set up, could you please tell me how to make it work, again in regards to what diseq to use ,remember all this chaos is to get to watch 1 channel while recording from another channel simultaneously .

here's the receiver info :
    Brand & Model: Xtrend ET8000
    Chipset: Broadcom 7241
    Main Memory: 325576 kB free / 463180 kB total
    Box Uptime: 8:59
    Software
    System OE: OE-Alliance 4.4
    Firmware version: OpenViX 5.4.010 (2021-05-03)
    Kernel / Drivers: 4.10.6 / 20200402
    Tuners
    Tuner A AVL6211 (DVB-S2)
    Tuner B AVL6211 (DVB-S2)

thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    A disecq switch is for connecting multiple lnbs to one tuner.

When you say you want to watch one channel while you record another is this on the same satellite or not?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks

what diseq

Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    A disecq switch is for connecting multiple lnbs to one tuner.

When you say you want to watch one channel while you record another is this on the same satellite or not?
    your question is my point exactly, i want to watch a channel and record another one from any of the 3 satellites, as i have a twin tuner satellite receiver i need 2 cables, 1 for each tuner, how can i achieve this ?
    can you recommend a diseq please , i though i get 2 of this 1
    my plan was to get a cable from the monoblock + 1 cable from the single lnb to 1 diseq switch and 1 cable out of the diseq switch to go to a tuner , repeat the same process for the second switch, this way i have 2 cable going to the receiver, is this set up correct .

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Has the lnb for Astra 2 got 2 outputs?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Has the lnb for Astra 2 got 2 outputs?
    yes it does

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Then you have it figured out.

Title
    Thanks
    Then you have it figured out.
    thank you very much Ronand that's very good news.

Title
    Thanks
    Here are diagrams for people not using a monoblock LNB. All three LNBs are usually on one dish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

cactikid (14-05-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Here are diagrams for people not using a monoblock LNB. All three LNBs are usually on one dish.
    thanks i will go for that set up , if monoblock gives me troubles i will replace it with 2 single lnbs. im using an 80cm dish .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast