Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Kodi/Netfiix on multiboot images

Title
    Thanks

Kodi/Netfiix on multiboot images

I have my h9 twin set up with four different images in multiboot.

For OpenVix 5.4 Kodi 18.8 is set up and working with the Netflix plugin. Had to use the NFAuthention method (as described on the CastagnaIT github pages) to get the login working.

As OpenVix, many other images sets the data folder for Kodi to /hdd/.kodi/ , which may cause problems for Netflix Authentation for multiboot images. If I try to set up Kodi for another image e.g Hyperion 8 it show all the kodi plugins previously installed in OpenVix, but will fail to log in to Netflix. If I delete the /hdd/.kodi/ folder I could start fresh with installing kodi plugings and will succed loggin in at the end. But this will ruin the login for OpenVix, so then I cant get it working without deleting the .kodi folder again and start over. So for images using the same data folder, I can only get one of my mulitboot images to work with the Netflix plugin at the time.

If one could set the kodi data folder manually it would be better, like /hdd/OpenVix/.kodi for OpenVix etc. But I dont know where to set this.
    I did try to look inside the .py files in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/Kodi to see if the data folder could be changed somewhere. All I found was one reference to /hdd/.kodi as to where to write the crashlog.

I found that OpenPli 8.0 did use the /home/root/.kodi folder, so for that particular image I could get it working without messing up the login in OpenVix. But for some reason the Netflix video playback is jerky in OpenPli 8. Could this be due to the location of the .kodi folder?

ps. For anyone wants to set this up now, there seem to be an issue with playback and the latest widevine cdm. I could not get any video to play in Netflix when re-installing it recently. Luckily I had an old backup of the .kodi folder, from which I copied the CDM folder and into the new installation to get it working again.
    Later I discovered from an OpenVix support thread that the playback problem probably can be solved by a setting in the Inputstreamhelper addon.

Title
    Thanks
    Update: I tested the proposed Netflix solution mentioned in my previous post (disabling Inputstream Helper). That did not work for me, so I need to use my other solution to use an older libwidevinecdm.so file.
    I did post a link to a working file in the mentioned openvix thread. Link to post

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You might get more success asking the OpenSpa team or Captain from OpenATV

Title
    Thanks
    Inpustreamhelper is now updated to version 0.5.3.
    The update is described as a temporary fix. It may stop working 1.june if google changes their chromeos images, so use the time to get this working and then create a backup of your cdm folder.
    cdm folder is usually located in /hdd/.kodi/ or /home/root/.kodi/

In case the inputstreamhelper in your repo is not updated to 0.5.3 yet, here is a link to the release at github
    Then download version 0.5.3 and choose install from zip file.

Next, open the Inputstreamhelper plugin and use the option to reinstall widevine library.