Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITV Yorkshire HD Keeps changing to a different region

Title
    Thanks

Question ITV Yorkshire HD Keeps changing to a different region

Hi, Somebody mentioned a fix for this before but I forgot what it was. Basically I set my custom mix file to have ITV Yorkshire like this:

<insert target="005" source="1126" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV Yorkshire HD -->

However every month or so the station in my Favourite Channel list on my box will change itself to a different region of ITV such as ITV Meridian HD even though the channel number in the custom mix file stays the same. How do I keep only 1 region such as ITV Yorkshire HD without it changing to a different region on it's own?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    What sky UK region do you use? I have it on 803 using north west Yorkshire. Not indexed channels may change numbers from time to time.

Try importing from 803 if using north west Yorkshire region or maybe add via channel ID

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There is no ITV HD Yorkshire any more. There were some frequency changes recently too (ITV 1 Meridian East HD changed)
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I set my Sky UK region to London HD.

So do I need to just change my region to North West Yorkshire and then will ITV London HD change into ITV North West Yorkshire and stay on that channel?

If not, how do I add North West Yorkshire via channel ID? Once I do that will the channel stop changing to a different ITV station?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    According to the above there is no ITV Yorkshire anymore ABM uses hacks to rename channels so that maybe why it still shows in the channel list.

I don't watch much news to notice changes though

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    According to the above there is no ITV Yorkshire anymore ABM uses hacks to rename channels so that maybe why it still shows in the channel list.

I don't watch much news to notice changes though
    Nothing to do with the name hacks, just the numbers changing in the non-indexed section ( as you mentioned). As a result, a different channel is imported instead of what user expected.

The two ITV Yorkshire HD channels are still there. It says so on the snippet uploaded as well as here:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...D-channels-off

ITV HD
    If you have an HD area/region, ITV HD is available at 103 for following areas
    Anglia East
    Anglia West
    Border England
    Central East
    Central West
    Granada
    London
    Meridian East
    Meridian North
    Meridian South
    Tyne Tees
    Wales
    West
    Westcountry
    Yorkshire East
    Yorkshire West
    UTV

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (08-05-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    I set my Sky UK region to London HD.

So do I need to just change my region to North West Yorkshire and then will ITV London HD change into ITV North West Yorkshire and stay on that channel?

If not, how do I add North West Yorkshire via channel ID? Once I do that will the channel stop changing to a different ITV station?
    That would normally be the correct way to do it.

Swapping in from 1126 or whatever can't be relied on since those numbers above 999 move around almost from day to day.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

ITV HD
    If you have an HD area/region, ITV HD is available at 103 for following areas
    Anglia East
    Anglia West
    Border England
    Central East
    Central West
    Granada
    London
    Meridian East
    Meridian North
    Meridian South
    Tyne Tees
    Wales
    West
    Westcountry
    Yorkshire East
    Yorkshire West
    UTV
    What region do I select that covers Birmingham as it's supposed to be Central West but I can't see that region on ABM?

Also I selected Central Midlands HD as a region then I said yes to swap channels. I entered 103 in my custom mix ABM file for ITV. The channel shows up as the SD channel not HD. How do I get the Central Midlands HD channel?
    Last edited by SkyFan; 09-05-21 at 22:50.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I have tested this and 103 gives me ITV Central West HD with Swap enabled. Make sure your provider files are updated.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    I think it might be an idea to add the custom code to create the ITV bouquet. You won't have to worry about which numbers again.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post365724

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    What region do I select that covers Birmingham as it's supposed to be Central West but I can't see that region on ABM?

Also I selected Central Midlands HD as a region then I said yes to swap channels. I entered 103 in my custom mix ABM file for ITV. The channel shows up as the SD channel not HD. How do I get the Central Midlands HD channel?
    Try 803 using custommix you need to use the official number not the swapped number

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Try 803 using custommix you need to use the official number not the swapped number
    Thanks. That worked.

Title
    Thanks
    When I press the down arrow then Yellow button for Providers > BSkyB, I notice that ITV Yorkshire HD can still be selected as a channel. Is there a channel number for that in ABM?

Title
    Thanks
    It is either 103 or 803 if you are using the correct region. Otherwise it is a forever changing number in the non-indexed section.

Upload your custom mix file so that we can update it for you to create the ITV bouquet so that you don't have to worry about numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast