Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New crash

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've a 2.5" inch HDD in mine

There is no slot in my H7S - the drive attaches to a mounting bracket like most receivers

20210420_170441.jpg

Edit: it seems there is a variant of the H7S that has a HDD slot but there is a 6.5mm limit in drive height. Thicker HDD drives can be fitted by removing the stb lid. Not ideal but it works.
    Last edited by ronand; 20-04-21 at 17:15.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    My H7S takes a hdd in a slot and only accepts an SSD, normal 2.5 hdd wont fit in slot.
    Where is this slot?

Maybe the thing with the slot on it is in the position where a normal hard drive normally goes, in which case you could remove it and put a hard disk drive in it's place.

My Zgemma H7S has a 2.5inch SATA hard disk drive in it, as fitted by World-of-Satellite.co.uk.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Edit: it seems there is a variant of the H7S that has a HDD slot but there is a 6.5mm limit in drive height. Thicker HDD drives can be fitted by removing the stb lid. Not ideal but it works.
    7mm might make sense. Lots of 2.5 inch SATA SSDs are 7mm high, as are some HDDs.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'd say zgemma binned the idea when it dawned on somebody that regular 7mm HDDs couldn't fit in the slot and reverted to the internal bracket like ours.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

BrokenUnusableAccount
    There's a slot on the front of the ZGemma H7, under the card slot, but AFAIK it's for a CAM, not an SSD or HDD.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No Brian - there was a batch with a slot on the back for HDD but the slot isn't deep enough for a regular 2.5" HDD. So they changed back to internal mounting.

IMG_8309.jpg

IMG_8308.jpg
    Last edited by ronand; 24-04-21 at 09:34.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, I've purchased a "NEWlink 4 Port USB2.0 Hub - PSU", Appears to work OK, All recordings are still there, and all the files on the HDD are still accessible. I thought about an internal HDD one, but i doubt i'd be able to fit it OK. Thanks for your helpful suggestion!
    Gigablue UHD UE4K (Openvix)
    80 cm 2 Universal LNBs (Hot Bird, Astra 19°) to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    60 cm Sky Dish Quad LNB one cable direct to Sky HD+box, 2nd cable to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    65 cm Dish (16°) to DiSEqC then to Gigblue
    Zgemma H7S (Openvix) Now used as a backup box
    Viark 4K Box

11. The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmp For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmp View Post
    Hi, I've purchased a "NEWlink 4 Port USB2.0 Hub - PSU", Appears to work OK, All recordings are still there, and all the files on the HDD are still accessible. I thought about an internal HDD one, but i doubt i'd be able to fit it OK. Thanks for your helpful suggestion!
    If you can use a screwdriver and press cables in you can fit it. Really it is very simple to do.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    If you can use a screwdriver and press cables in you can fit it. Really it is very simple to do.
    OK, maybe next time. ATM the box is already using an external 1TB HDD and the new hub cost £15 odd.
    Gigablue UHD UE4K (Openvix)
    80 cm 2 Universal LNBs (Hot Bird, Astra 19°) to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    60 cm Sky Dish Quad LNB one cable direct to Sky HD+box, 2nd cable to DiSEqC then to Gigablue
    65 cm Dish (16°) to DiSEqC then to Gigblue
    Zgemma H7S (Openvix) Now used as a backup box
    Viark 4K Box

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123