Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: youtube amiko lx800

Title
    Thanks

youtube amiko lx800

hello there is a firmware that works youtube for this decoder? thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Sure, you can find the Amiko LX800 firmware release updates in the thread HERE. Scroll down to the very end of the thread to find the latest releases, I believe the last two version releases AMIKO_LX800_2.0.6.1_UK.bin and AMIKO_LX800_2.0.7.4_UK.bin will both be working with YouTube and YouTube Kids.

Title
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, only the kids version works

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tony13- For This Useful Post:

Amiko UK (15-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    You are correct! Thanks for bring this up, I have just tested myself and confirmed it is reporting an 'api key quota exceeded message' so needs an update. I have reported this to the guys that can help and so hopefully we will have a firmware update soon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiko UK For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (16-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Hopefully this is now fixed and the good news is it's been done remotely so no new firmware updated needed with any luck (assuming you were already on the latest version firmware), if not then update to AMIKO_LX800_2.0.7.4_UK.bin first but then if you try YouTube again hopefully it will now be working! If when YouTube loads first time round you still get the 'api key quota exceeded message' then just switch to another category and try again, that should clear the cache (if any) and then hopefully working as it should!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiko UK For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (17-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the answer I tried but it still doesn't work while the kids version works good day

Title
    Thanks
    I tested again just now and made a short video showing this working, the video also shows the firmware version I am using (AMIKO_LX800_2.0.7.4_UK.bin). I can only think your LX800 perhaps needs a reboot to kick it into gear or that you don't have the UK version firmware loaded on there and what you have hasn't been updated (it is only a guess this part, I only work with the UK version so I couldn't tell you how another countries version works to be honest) but I do know there is no reason to stop anyone from anywhere loading on the UK version, it's not restricted to area.

Title
    Thanks
    thank you very much now i managed i changed in the setting from italian to uk and now it works great.you were very kind thanks for your help and good evening

Title
    Thanks
    hello the problem has come back after 12 hours. again it does not go in my opinion it needs a new firmware. anyway thanks for the help

Title
    Thanks
    Agreed that the 'api key quota exceeded' message has returned again this morning. A new firmware just for this will not help because it's not the firmware that is the issue but the API key itself which is being used so I have suggested that perhaps in future releases that an option is added where the end user can enter their own API key and so will not be sharing with everyone else and can be changed/updated as needed. That makes sense to me but how possible that is I do not know, we will have to wait to hear the feedback on that.

In the mean time and for anyone where YouTube is quite an important feature for you then I would suggest considering an upgrade to any one of the models out of the Amiko A6 range. These are Android based so it will be highly unlikely you will come across the same kind of issue with YouTube (it's the equivalent of using YouTube on your Android mobile phone) but it's also much nicer to navigate with the remote control, you are able to sign in etc. For sure for someone where YouTube is one of the priorities then anything out the A6 range will be much more suited. World-of-Satellite have them available HERE.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiko UK For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (19-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the information I will think about it and in the meantime we are waiting for news from the amiko team good evening