Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Some recordings fail to record once a month

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
OpenViX 5.4.001
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some recordings fail to record once a month

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There is no need to press the info button show the channel list. Just to repeat, The easiest way to to see the transponder details is to press up (next to OK), highlight the service and look at the screen. Anyway, don't worry about it for now.

Test 3.
    Disable all recordings.
    Set preferred tuner as A. Select BBC R1 (10802 MHz Horizontal) Restart. Confirm you are using tuner A by looking at tuner on infobar (press OK) or front display.
    Start a recording of BBC R1 for 5 minutes (Only tuner A will still be in use.)
    Select BBC WS (10788 MHz Vertical), receiver should start using tuner B. Does BBC WS work is is there a problem?

Test 4.
    Disable all recordings.
    Set preferred tuner as B. Select BBC R1 (10802 MHz Horizontal) Restart. Confirm you are using tuner B by looking at tuner on infobar (press OK) or front display.
    Start a recording of BBC R1 for 5 minutes (Only tuner B will still be in use.)
    Select BBC WS (10788 MHz Vertical), receiver should start using tuner A. Does BBC WS work is is there a problem?

Upload debug logs please.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

SkyFan (17-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Test 3: Yes BBC WS worked

Test 4: Yes BBC WS worked

Logs attached from several days ago, sorry for the late reply. At the moment the problem has gotten worse. I'm recording the following 5 radio stations but only LBC is recording properly and the others have a zero filesize.

BBC R1
    BBC R1 X
    BBC R2
    BBC WS
    LBC

Enigma2_debug_2021-04-17_11-28-35.log
    Enigma2_debug_2021-04-20_12-46-49.log
    Enigma2_debug_2021-04-20_12-48-12.log
    Enigma2_debug_2021-04-20_12-58-04.log

Title
    Thanks
    I am at a loss as to why manually selecting a service works and it being done by a timer does not.

I'll try and test on Duo 4K at the weekend or after Eid.

Title
    Thanks

Thanks. This zero filesize bug has been happening on my Vu+ Ultimo4K box on OpenViX 5.4.001 for several months. Now none of the freesat radio stations are recording properly (zero filesize) and they are the only channels that are being recorded at the same time as each other even though I have 4 LNBs connected to the box. The only way I was able to get the radio stations to record properly again was to stop all the currently recording radio station timers then restart my box. Then the repeat timers would start recording all the radio stations properly again. If the LNB cables were faulty then surely that solution wouldn't work?

You mentioned via PM you wanted to know the times the recordings failed. The below radio stations had a zero filesize so that must mean the recordings failed as soon as they started recording. My daily repeat timers were set for all stations below for 11.59am - 00:01am and for 00:00am - 12.01pm or 12.05pm

BBC R1
    BBC R1 X
    BBC R2
    BBC WS

Vu+ Ultimo4K Timers.xml is attached here: Vu+ Ultimo4K timers.zip

2nd Box

In the past few days I'm now getting the same bug on my Vu+ Duo4K SE box on OpenViX 5.4.003. I have a freesat repeat timer set to record ITV 3 at 5.55am-8.35am every weekday. The recording has a zero filesize on May 7 even though it's the only channel being recorded at that time and even though I have 2 LNB cables connected to the box!

At 12:54pm on May 7 I also pressed the record button on ITV 3 on freesat to record whatever was on at that time. The recording immediately ended as I got a message on my screen saying there was a timer conflict as I had a repeat timer set to record Drama on Freesat at 12.55pm - 2.30pm. That's strange since those 2 channels were the only things being recorded at the same time as each other and I have 2 physical LNB cables connected to the box so there should be no issues with recording 2 standard definition channels at once. I don't think this is a faulty LNB cables issue since this box is connected to 1 Sky dish and the other box with the same issue is connected to a different Sky dish. What's weird is that I can record several other HD TV stations at the same time as each other at around 7pm-10pm yet I can't record ITV 3 on it's own when nothing else is recording at the same time!

I've changed the log to use local time so hopefully the recording will fail again tomorrow morning and I can give you the logs then for this particular box.

You said the next test will be to swap cables over. What do you mean by that?
    Last edited by SkyFan; 07-05-21 at 18:03.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I'll have a play with you timers, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Title
    Thanks
    Just in case it is relevant for your second box, ITV 3 (SD) has moved from 10906 MHz, Vertical to 10891 MHz, Horizontal.
    Old service reference 1:0:1:2814:806:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
    New service reference 1:0:1:27B3:805:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

I don't know what the failure states mean "
    failed: error -6". Hopefully somebody who knows will post details.

Just for information, your box is using tuner J for some recordings.

Title
    Thanks
    Another log and Timers file for my Ultimo box is attached for you. Should be a lot clearer this time.

The following radio stations had a zero filesize:

May 12 11:59am: BBC WS
    May 12 11:59am: BBC R2
    May 12 11:59am: BBC R1X
    May 12 11:59am: BBC R1

This station recorded fine:

May 12 11:59am: LBC

timers May 12 radio stations zero filesize.xml
    Enigma2_debug_2021-05-12_18-16-01 = May 12.log

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The debug log only lasts for 4 minutes, starting at 18:16.

Title
    Thanks
    How do I correctly get a debug log then? I thought I had to restart the GUI to get the log file created so I could download it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Once you've switched on debug logs, restarting the gui/rebooting creates a new (another) log file. You can simply grab a copy of the current log without restarting.

Otherwise, you need to work out which is the relevant log from the date and time stamps.

Logs get deleted after a configurable number of days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12