Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying PIP issue

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Annoying PIP issue

Hello all

It's been a while since I last visited, hope all are well...

I've encountered an issue over the last couple of weeks, that involves PIP. I never use PIP but recently I've noticed all my evening recordings have been failing. I am perplexed what the issue is and you can't always see it. So I can put the box on and it looks like I'm recording something as only some channels are available. I go into recordings and nothing is recording but on exit out of the recordings screen, PIP is automatically activated. Upon disable all channels become available. I'm not sure if this is the reason for the recordings failing, but it kind of makes sense.

Looking for some help please to either fix or a solution to permanently disable PIP.

Thanks for reading
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Might be you have the plugin EPGRefresh running? It could be set to run as a invisible PiP when it needs to zap to a channel in order to refresh the EPG.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexwilmac For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (09-04-21),duoduo (09-04-21)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thank you for the reply, yes I do use Epg refresh but it runs at 7am each day, the issue is happening more so in the evening. I'll take a look at the settings and disable the schedule for now, to see if that makes any difference.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've checked now and I don't have epg refresh installed, but I think I've found the issue but I'm not sure how to fix. I have something called OpenTV Epg forced download and I just pressed it and it automatically put pip on. Can anyone tell me how to remove this from my box please?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just got on live tv that pip is running and no free tuner?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    It won't run when a tuner is required. After the download it won't run again for several hours and you can configure the interval. The download takes 3 minutes and the tuner/pip is freed afterwards. If you have failed recording this tool is not responsible.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    It won't run when a tuner is required. After the download it won't run again for several hours and you can configure the interval. The download takes 3 minutes and the tuner/pip is freed afterwards. If you have failed recording this tool is not responsible.
    It will release the tuner the instant something else requires it (such as you switch on and try and flick through the channels)?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Not sure with PIP. What happens if you have 2 tuners and one is playing and the other is PIP and a recording starts? Obviously depends on zap settings but does it take the current tuner or the PIP tuner?

Behaviour would be the same.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes it takes over the tuner and this is where the issue has been

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Yes of course PIP uses a tuner but if a recording requires it it should be released.

And the plugin does not download when a recording is due.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I had noticed this before (maybe 2 or 3 times) and I definitely wasn't using PIP. I stopped using opentvzapper a few weeks ago to avoid using my motorized dish (when it was away from 28e) and reverted to crossepg for 28e epg and I haven't noticed the issue since then.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    No point blaming it on the zapper. If this is true, the problem is enigma not freeing the PIP when a recording is about to start. Also the zapper does nothing if a recording is due, or in progress.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yes I agree the problem is most likely the receiver getting stuck in pip mode
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    OK, 2 daft questions, can having PiP mode disabled have a bearing, and am I right in saying not all boxes support PiP ?

Title
    Thanks
    For what it's worth I did notice that when I tried opentvzapper on one occasion I was using two tuners when it should have been one. I have since gone back to crossepg but at the time I did blame opentvzapper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast