Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Stalker plugin can't switch between subtitles and audio streams

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Stalker plugin can't switch between subtitles and audio streams

Title
    Thanks

Stalker plugin can't switch between subtitles and audio streams

Hi,

So I am using the Gigablue UHD Trio 4K with the latest image from you guys but the stalker-qt plugin doesn't work properly for some channels.

I get constant freezing on the channels that have the option to switch between subtitle tracks. I have tested with both SD and HD channels - it's the same behavior as long as
    they have subtitles.

Also the audio button on the RC is supposed to switch between audio streams but instead it shows me a setup to position the clock on the screen so I'm guessing there is a button mapping issue as well.

Is there a way to fix this on my own?
    If this is not an image issue how do I get in touch with the people that compiled the plugin?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Well Stalker was a plugin originally provided by Zgemma and has been updated by members of the OE-A team. It basically supports IPTV streams from a provider and emulates a MAG box. As such I don‘t think it can support Enigma audio or subtitle switching - you are either in Enigma or Stalker .... a bit like how Kodi is supported.

I may be wrong but as I cannot access Stalker at the moment on my boxes, cannot check.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    OK, I'll wait for your test before I decide what to do next.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madhulk View Post
    OK, I'll wait for your test before I decide what to do next.
    I have no provider setup at the moment, so cannot test!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    OK if we were to assume you got the same problems as I do with the plugin what would be me next steps in finding support for it?

Title
    Thanks
    So I am running Stalker on my h9combo....
    "I get constant freezing on the channels that have the option to switch between subtitle tracks. I have tested with both SD and HD channels - it's the same behavior as long as
    they have subtitles."
    Give me an example - how do you know there is an option to switch between sub title tracks????? I cannot see anything that does that and I looked at services that I know have German & English.
    Also what do you do to get the freezing, just switch between SD & HD? If thats the case, its the provider.

"Also the audio button on the RC is supposed to switch between audio streams but instead it shows me a setup to position the clock on the screen so I'm guessing there is a button mapping issue as well."
    While in Stalker - if I press Audio button I get a panel that shows Audio, subtitles, 3D, display mode & clock - none of these options have any impact - which doesn't surprise me as Stalker is pretending to be a MAG box and the emulation is minimal - sufficient to run the stream.

Having looked at Stalker code for python3, I cannot see anybody trying to do more than the current implementation - its not an easy interface to change, especially when you don't know what the server side is expecting in terms of control commands.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    So I am running Stalker on my h9combo....

Give me an example - how do you know there is an option to switch between sub title tracks????? I cannot see anything that does that and I looked at services that I know have German & English.
    Also what do you do to get the freezing, just switch between SD & HD? If thats the case, its the provider.

"Also the audio button on the RC is supposed to switch between audio streams but instead it shows me a setup to position the clock on the screen so I'm guessing there is a button mapping issue as well."
    While in Stalker - if I press Audio button I get a panel that shows Audio, subtitles, 3D, display mode & clock - none of these options have any impact - which doesn't surprise me as Stalker is pretending to be a MAG box and the emulation is minimal - sufficient to run the stream.
    I know the channels have subtitles because I have another receiver that can switch between them with no problem.

Title
    Thanks
    I know the channels have subtitles because I have another receiver that can switch between them with no problem.
    is that an Enigma2 receiver??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    is that an Enigma2 receiver??
    No, it's a regular Linux receiver - EDISION PRIMO IP S2 and it has an in-built Stalker app which I'm guessing is their own product unrelated to this Stalker?

Title
    Thanks
    No, it's a regular Linux receiver - EDISION PRIMO IP S2 and it has an in-built Stalker app which I'm guessing is their own product unrelated to this Stalker?
    I guess either their own or reverse engineered from another box.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners: