Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Unicable GT sat GT S2 CCS24 LNB setup on a VU+ Uno 4K

Title
    Thanks

Unicable GT sat GT S2 CCS24 LNB setup on a VU+ Uno 4K

Hi There
    I am new to this.
    Just wondered if anyone could help me with the setup of a unicable 2 LNB on a VU+ UNO receiver.
    I have a a GT S2 CCS24 LNB and have taken one of the universal outputs to another receiver.
    The Unicable output goes to the VU+ UNO.
    The LNB is pointing to Astra 19.2 to receive the German channels.
    I have a good signal on the universal output and I have a 98% signal on the unicable output.
    The problem is the setup in the UNO. It appears tuner A is working and that I can record one channel and watch another.
    The problem is that I can't seem to record a second channel and I should be able to record 7 channels and watch another one.
    When I look at the signal strength meter I have a signal on Reciever A and non on B but then a signal on C and D and E and F ang G but not H.
    I have set up the receivers the same way.

Tuner A
    Mode - Advanced
    Satellite-19.2E KU-band Astra 1KR/1L/1M/1N
    LNB -LNB1
    Priority- Auto
    LOF- Unicable/ JESS
    Unicable configuration mode- Unicable LNB
    Manufacturer- GT sat
    Type- GT-dLNB1-DY
    Channel-SCR1
    Frequency -975
    Tuning algorithm- Reliable, return
    Connected-NO
    Increased voltage-NO
    Force legacy signal stats -NO

Tunner B

Mode - Advanced
    Satellite-19.2E KU-band Astra 1KR/1L/1M/1N
    LNB -LNB1
    Priority- Auto
    LOF- Unicable/ JESS
    Unicable configuration mode- Unicable LNB
    Manufacturer- GT sat
    Type- GT-dLNB1-DY

Channel-SCR2
    Frequency -1025

Tuning algorithm- Reliable, return

Connected-YES
    Connected to -Tunner A: Vuplus DVB-S NIM945308X FBC0 9DVB-S2X)

Increased voltage-NO
    Force legacy signal stats -NO

Then I continued as above Tunner C The channel is 3 and frequency is the 1075 and it is linked through to tuner B. And so on to H.

One thing that is wrong is the LNB type, but in the LNB box I got a list of userband ID and userband Frequencies. There are two lists and this matched the German frequencies. I read in the on screen help that is you can't find the right type LNB you can put user defined and set the SCR number and frequency your self. As this LNB matched the frequencies on my list I assumed that this was the only important thing.

I am sure that there is only one small thing wrong as Tuner A seems to be fine.
    I have looked everywhere online and I could raise a support ticket with WOS as I only got it last week but thought I would try here first
    If anyone can give me a tip that would be great. Sorry the email is so long but I always think you can't expect anyone to help if they haven't got all of the info needed.

Regards
    Strav

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Which image are you using?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    All those GT Sat 24 SCR LNBs have the same channels. You don't need to have the exact name, I leave mine on the Hello one.

Are you using a splitter to provide signal to Tuner B, the bottom tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    ATV and their derivatives, PurE2 etc use different Unicable code. Can you try with ViX/PLi. Big difference is that the "Connected/Through another tuner" option wont allow you to daisy chain. You must set tuners B-H as connected to A.

Title
    Thanks
    SO thanks all for replying so fast.
    At the moment the image is Open ATV as i spoken on the phone last week to WOS to ask advice on what image to order pre flashed. He said try ATV as they are a German team and i am only looking for German tv on astra 1. I registered on all of the forums as I was struggling to find info on how to set it up and asked here as I saw it was connected to WOS.I think the problem here though is in the enigma settings which as I understand it should be the same on all. I only need a basic setup and have four or five things that i need it to do. Then I will leave it alone and all i want is that it is mainly stable. I am a beginner but am ok with computer stuff. Any help is greatfully received. If anyone thinks it would be better to flash to an open VIX image i will happily give it a go.

Title
    Thanks
    No splitter box Abu baniaz. I set mine to another one of the four LNBs on the list which also had the the same frequency settings. In the LNB box there was a list of the 48 frequency settings preprogramed in to the LNB. 24 said for Italian TV and 24 for German tv. I picked an LNB name that set for German frequencies as I want German tv. This didn't quite make sense to me though as I think that these frequencies only split off separate channels to communicate with the receiver so that you get 8 distinct feeds as if you had 8 normal LNB feeds. Thanks for answering me so fast.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi again Abu baniaz. The second answer from you makes sense. I did daisy chain them. I got it to work for a day and then it became unstable until |I could only watch one channel. If i tried to change channel or go in to the find satellite setting to look at the signal strength it just crashes and you get a blank screen with the rotating wait sign in the top left corner. I have just done a factory reset and will reset the tuner settings now. i will try what you said and link every tunner back to A. Do you think I would have a more stable and simpler setup if i change to Open VIX. I really don't understand what this alters yet. I only want a channel list of the thirty or fourty German channels that i use and a stable system. Otherwise the VU+ looks great. Regards. Strav

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    I personally think it would be easier to get assistance if you installed OpenViX, unless you want to speak direct with German speakers in which case OpenATV is the better option.
    To change images you can use the ATV flash online software rather than usb flash - just copy the image to the receiver HDD, access with the software and follow the instructions.

I live in Germany and have both 28.2E & 19.2E sats, so its not a big deal
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I think you are mixing up things, to be expected as a newcomer. You'll be fine soon enough.

Can you attach the leaflet with the 48 frequencies please.

"Settings" has different contexts. It is usually meant as a premade list/groups of channels.
    The configurations/settings are saved in a file called "settings" in /etc/enigma2. They are not identical across images.
    The frequencies that you set your tuners to communicate with the LNB are noting to do with the frequencies that the channels are on.
    You can scan and then create your bouquets to contain what you want. No matter which image you are using

So maybe an an idea to start again and do things one at a time.

Flash OpenViX
    Configure tuners correctly. Zip and attach your file called settings here if you want someone to double check for you.
    Scan 19.2. (Manual Scan > single satellite > no to network)
    Create your bouquets using E-chanenlizer, Dreamset, Dreamboxedit. Or use OWIF. Or the remote to do it.