Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hello

Title
    Thanks

Hello

Hi all, I have just bought a new AX HD61 receiver from the sponsor. It is my first ever Linux Receiver having always used the easy to use Technomate 6900/6902/7102 receivers in the past.

Bought the AX HD61 as it looks like it has a very good spec and wanted to upgrade to a 4K UHD Receiver that is still being supported.

I have the latest OpenVix image installed and just trying to set it up.

I have a motorised dish and single LNB and have selected configuration mode Simple.

First question is what Mode should I have? On my old Techomate I used USALS and just selected a Satellite to move to from a list, can I still do that? Would this be the Positioner (selecting satellites) mode?

Hoping to get some more time on it tonight when the kids out the way and in bed

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Use Positioner mode (not selecting satellites) and enter your cor-ordinates and you should be good to go.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

TECHNOSATUK (02-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    If you choose the "selecting satellites" option, you can create a list of your favourites available at your location by ticking the boxes.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

TECHNOSATUK (02-04-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help, I have got the selecting satellites and scanning worked out and have a few more questions...

1) It seems to dump all the channels alphabetically in one big list, I know you can filter by satellite and providers, but I find the providers list a bit messy, some providers are repeated several times and spelt incorrectly and the channels are all over the place, is there are way you can filter by frequency (found this useful on Technomate) or just search by name?

2) I have looked at Autobouquetsmaker but not keen on some of the channel sorting for some providers - is this a way you can manually sort channels or even some software where you can create your own channel order?

3) On some film channels on my Techomate receiver I could change the language that was being spoken from Spanish to English etc how can you do that on Linux Enigma 2 Open Vix?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can create your own bouquets (favourites) either on the receiver with the remote or using software like dreamboxedit.

Generally to change a language you press the audio button and select the track you require
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.