Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zero cable channels

Title
    Thanks

Zero cable channels

Hi there,
    I recently purchased a cable tuner for my VU+ Ultimo box. Fitted it to the box and it sees the DVB-C tuner no problem. However when I plug my VM cable in to my VU box and scan for cable channels it doesn’t find any whatsoever. I know the cable is live because I can watch all the channels on my Tivo box. The network is fully connected, and I have updated the latest ‘cables.xml’ file in my etc folder. I have manually searched for the channels using the Network ID, Frequency and Symbol Rate codes for my area but still displays “0 channels found”
    I have no problem with my box finding satellite channels with my DVB-S tuners so I’m just wondering if there is anything I have overlooked as to why I can’t see any channels or is it simply VM have some kind of a block when connecting their cable into another STB?
    Any ideas or solutions greatly appreciated.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cable has been gone for quite a while only on VM box now

Title
    Thanks
    As above, although a scan may find channels none will clear.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Are you unplugging the TiVO and using the exact same cable or using a cable off a splitter. If off a splitter, check the splitter and f-plugs/converter.

As above, you won't be able to view most of them. Even BBC 2 and Channel 4 are HD now in most areas.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using the same cable just swapping it over.
    I wasn't aware cable had long gone and reading some earlier posts a lot has changed so I guess that's it! and certainly not worth perusing.
    Thanks for the info anyway guys.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is your tuner also a dvb/t/t2 and if so could use terrestrial services by aerial?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (03-04-21)