Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: YouTube Freezes On Chrome

Title
    Thanks

YouTube Freezes On Chrome

Hello everyone. For the last couple of days, I am unable to watch videos on YouTube on Google Chrome. Youtube keeps freezing and I have no idea why, and it has never happened before. Does anyone know why this happens and how can I fix it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

BrokenUnusableAccount

Have you tried all the usual stuff like rebooting your modem and router and checking nobody else using the same Internet connection is doing a big download?

I've had a occasional funny things happen on Youtube in the past few days but not what I'd really call "keeps freezing".

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, I have tried all of the above. But the problem was the same. After I did a Google search, I found this and after applying all the processes mentioned there one by one, one process solved my problem, that is, I disabled the Hardware Acceleration in Chrome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Juliopatterson; 01-04-21 at 08:06.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juliopatterson For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (01-04-21)

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliopatterson View Post
    Yes, I have tried all of the above. But the problem was the same. After I did a Google search, I found this and after applying all the processes mentioned there one by one, one process solved my problem, that is, I disabled the Hardware Acceleration in Chrome.
    Excellent.
    If, as can be possible in some cases, things don't quite work as well as before now that 'Hardware Acceleration' is switched off, I'd suggest you try updating (or just re-installing) your video drivers and then see if switching it on again still causes problems. But obviously if things are fine now it's likely safer and easier to continue as you are.
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 01-04-21 at 14:19.