Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 39.E in the UK

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

39.E in the UK

Hi all,
    Is it possible to pickup 39.E in the uk?
    I recently fitted an 80cm dish and motor, after years of having satellite, this is my first motor setup.
    I’ve been reading I can watch F1 via ERT 2 on 39.E (I know it’s encrypted) but I’m not getting any signal. Tell a lie I did when the sun came out yesterday, but once it clouded over it was gone.
    Should I be able to get a reliable signal from this sat?

Title
    Thanks
    Just set up a fixed dish for exactly the same reason (Midlands). First setup using a 80cm dish just to try then used a 1.0m just to be sure. It has to be accurate so if your arc is not perfect, you could be missing 39e. 14.55 today for qualifying on ERT2 (EPT2). 15.55 Tomorrow for the race.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No problem getting it in central Ireland with a 1.1m dish. Why 39e? The F1 is FTA in HD on 19.2e on RTL.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    ronand - Where on 19.2e? Can't see it on KingofSat. Thought RTL were finished with F1.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Indeed it seems they are finished with it - now on Servus TV. I have lost interest in F1 over the past few years with all the cry babies in it. The highlights on CH4 are more than enough for me. Thankfully MotoGP is back this weekend - thats real racing.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

TK4|2|1 (27-03-21)

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks

39.E in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Indeed it seems they are finished with it - now on Servus TV. I have lost interest in F1 over the past few years with all the cry babies in it. The highlights on CH4 are more than enough for me. Thankfully MotoGP is back this weekend - thats real racing.
    Servus Austria is only showing F1, and its encrypted.
    Agree with MotoGP being real racing.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I was actually surprised to look at the list and see that there is nothing FTA on it. I suppose F1 is too expensive for public service broadcasters to air.

Title
    Thanks
    Perfect pictures on 39e if you can get and sort the encryption. ESPN2 Caribbean 15w also supposed to be showing F1 Saturday & Sunday in sd according to the tv listing.

Title
    Thanks
    Is ERT2 HD a “weaker” signal? Both ERT2 HD & Ert3 HD occasionally will show tune failed, whereas Ert World Europe is perfect

Title
    Thanks
    I'M in the East Midlands and using a 1M dish without problem (only spare I had available to test). Signal on all ERT channels very strong and would work on smaller dish. Watched F1 qualifying with 5live extra commentary (slightly out of sync) without a glitch yesterday. Also, race is supposed to be showing on 52E Turkmenistan Sport FTA.
    Last edited by lespat; 02-05-21 at 11:04. Reason: update

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lespat View Post
    I'M in the East Midlands and using a 1M dish without problem (only spare I had available to test). Signal on all ERT channels very strong and would work on smaller dish. Watched F1 qualifying with 5live extra commentary (slightly out of sync) without a glitch yesterday. Also, race is supposed to be showing on 52E Turkmenistan Sport FTA.
    I can’t get 52e, trees in the way.
    I’ll check dish alignment for 39e
    For you lip sync issue using 5 live, I pause the tv and resume to sync it up.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using radio from 28.2E on another box into a sound bar. I do pause the sound on box (5 secs min) and then use pause on main box to sync the picture to sound. Works for me. Found it easier than trying to sync the DAB radio. I think alignment maybe your issue if you're in the main part of UK. Mine worked well on a 80cm dish for 39E.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lespat For This Useful Post:

TK4|2|1 (02-05-21)

Title
    Thanks
    Is anybody able to check they are a getting signal for ERT 1, 2 & 3 transponder please. I am unable to get anything, where other transponders are fine.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TK4|2|1 For This Useful Post:

lespat (12-03-22)

Title
    Thanks
    Following the recent winds, (I had to turn dish to stop it being ripped out of the ground). I will be realigning my dish later to get ready for F1 next weekend. Will report back later if all is well.
    Last edited by lespat; 12-03-22 at 11:12.

Title
    Thanks
    Dish at 30E reset now, all ERT channels still good (working). My dish is approx 1.0 m and the snr signal strength on most transponders is around 60-70%. The snr signal for the ERT transponders is around 40-42% but locked ok. I am in Nottingham area and the sky is overcast. You might be struggling with anything smaller, especially motorised when pin point accuracy is needed. Hope this helps. EPG for ERT2 only goes upto Friday so can't confirm F1 is on yet. By the way ERT3sd was FTA is now encrypted.

Will try 80cm dish later to compare with 100cm current dish.
    Last edited by lespat; 12-03-22 at 12:36.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast